Thursday, December 18, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 337 - Two little, two late

     I am not sure I have ever had a weekend like I had this weekend when it came to fantasy football.  It would be easy to just say I lost two games, but that would be an understatement.  These were the types of losses that are just soul crushing.  But since I have been parlaying my fantasy results into blog entries I guess I have to get about the business of explaining what happened.

Fantasy Football

Work league


I was down almost 40 points going into the Monday night football game between the Bears and the Saints, but I still had three players left to play, a quaarterback (Drew Brees), running back (Matt Forte) and kicker (Shayne Graham) while my opponent only had a tight end (Martellus Bennett).  Admittedly I wasn't sure that my team could come back from as far down as they were, but come back they did.  Drew Brees had 3 TDs, Forte had over 100 all purpose yards, Graham chipped in with 7 points at the kicker spot.  So how did I lose?  Bennett catches a two point conversion pass in the 4th quarter, and as you see I lost by .14 points.

Swagbucks league

Again I lost on Monday night football, this time I had a 7 point lead going in and my opponent had a tight end (Jimmy Graham) playing while my scoring was complete.  And once again I was screwed by a tight end, Graham scored just enough points that I lost by 1.08 points.

So in two fantasy football games I lost both by a combined 1.22 points.  Now I have lost games before, and I have lost playoff games before, but never have I lost two playoffs games on the same day, because of the same game by such close margins.  Hollywood couldn't script disappointment like that.  Technically I have one game left in both leagues, the consolation game for 3rd place, but if 2nd place is the first loser then third is the second one.

Fantasy hockey

My league - I went 6-3-2 last week, which was good enough to vault me into 3rd place with an overall record of 46-35-18.  I am way back of second in the standings, 22 points to be exact,  and I am only holding onto third place by a single point, 110 to 109, but I at least have enough of a cushion on 7th place (10 points), the first spot that doesn't make the playoffs, that even if I have a bad week I should be able to survive it.  9 weeks down, 15 to go.

Radio league - I reside in 4th place, I keep bouncing between 3rd and 4th, consistently losing more ground on first in the process.  Since I have been doing Jakub Voracek updates in this spot, I might as well do another one.  He is still tied for second in the NHL in scoring with 37 points (11 G, 26 A) and while Yahoo has him ranked as the 7th best player in fantasy hockey right now, where does this league have him ranked?  44th.  Again you figure it out, I can't.

With that my fantasy updates for the weekend are done, only one more week of fantasy football, even though they will only be consolation games and then it is just hockey and Voracek updates.  Sounds compelling, doesn't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been