Sunday, December 14, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 334 - Catching up on my fantasies

     Yes it is another fantasy sports update.  As expected I finished 2nd and 4th in my fantasy football leagues, thereby qualifying for the playoffs in both league.  Rather than spend lots of time with an intro then, I think I will just get down to business.

Fantasy Football

Work league - A 81.70 - 61.28 win.  I finish the regular season with an 8-6 record and the 4th seed in the playoffs.  The plus to this win is that I did not have to rely on any tiebreakers to qualify for the playoffs, I earned my spot fair and square.  Up next is the #1 seed and apparently the defending league champion, though I wasn't in the league last year it looks like my first task is to upend a pending fantasy football dynasty.  Hope my shoulders are strong enough to handle that burden.

Swagbucks league - A 72.22 - 68.6 win.  I was already guaranteed either the first or second seed in the playoffs, I got the 2nd spot after finishing the regular season 11-3.  Up next is the #3 seed, a team I beat twice in the regular season and a team that as of this typing still has Cam Newton at quarterback.  Of course Newton was in an automobile accident earlier this week and will not play, so we will see if he makes the necessary adjustments to his roster, he has Tom Brady on his bench, but the fact he hadn't been playing Tom Brady already makes me think he hasn't been paying all that much attention to his team anyway.

Fantasy Hockey

Radio league - Back to 4th place, honestly I pretty much don't care about this league anymore.  I will just do the Jakub Voracek update and be on my way.  Currently 2nd in scoring in the NHL with 37 points (11 G, 26 A), fantasy rank?  35th.  He is still behind 4 spots behind Brooks Orpik, he of all of 6 assists says all it needs to say about this league.  Let's just move on.

My league - A 5-5-1 week, overall record is 40-32-16, good for 5th place.  An average week, and as a result everything pretty much stays the same.  3rd through 6th place are separated by 4 points in the standings, 6th is 95 points and 3rd is 99points.  I sit in there at 96 points overall.  

And that should just about be a fantasy wrap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been