Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 331 - Days off really aren't

     I know, I didn't post again.  Shoot me.  On second thought, don't do me any favors like that.  Work has been time consuming to say the least, I used to get off at 3pm and by 3:45 I would be on the bus home, I can't remember the last time that happened though.  Now 5pm and 6pm departure times are the norm, and even today when I left at 4pm, I still was running errands for work after that and didn't actually get home until almost 6pm. 

     Every time I think I am about to leave work I find something else that needs done.  Monday I had to fix a drain on an open air cooler, then was stuck putting away items from our deliveries that was left undone.  Tuesday was finishing off the paperwork to be filed away from November and addressing some financial issues that occurred in the last 7 days.  Some time this week it will be reprogramming the register system for our new deli menu.  Never a dull moment.

     At least I got my Christmas bonus this week, and without revealing actual numbers I will say I was happy with it, and since I am not going to get to take any vacation time soon, my boss is going to pay me for 5 days they owe me on our next payday.  Our vacations work like this, after you have been with us for a year as a full time employee you get 5 paid days vacation.  On top of that if you work any of the company holidays you get an additional vacation day.  Right now I am owed 8 days plus I am most likely working Christmas and New Years Day, which are two of the 5, so there is two more vacation days coming up.  On top of that, I was hired on Jan 1st, so come January I will get another 5 days.  Rather than be sitting here with 15 vacation days yet to be used I am just going to burn a few off and take the money, which I can use for that Christmas shopping that I haven't even started yet.

     Okay, that's not true, I bought myself two things for Christmas (does that even count?), the new David Thorne book, which is hilarious of course, and Season 5 of The League on DVD, which I haven't even started watching yet.  

     Anyway, that is what I have been up to.  I did manage to score some hockey tickets for Friday night, so I may be late on here that night, I may have pictures if I remember to take my camera to work.  I would have made a clever reference like Picture Pages but I am not sure associating the blog with Bill Cosby is in my best interest these days. 

Oh well, off to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been