Sunday, December 28, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 344 - Might as well get this done

     It is much too early on my day off for me to be awake and truthfully I am feeling like I could fall back asleep pretty easily, but since I have been putting off last week's fantasy sports update I might as well go ahead and bang them out here before coming to a decision one way or the other about climbing back under the covers.

     On the bright side for all you blog readers it was the last week of fantasy football season, so even if I decide to continue almost daily bogging after this 365 thing comes to a close, the book on fantasy football closes for at least another 8 months, leaving on hockey left on my radar in the meantime.  For now though, I do have some results to get to.

Fantasy Football

Work league - A 107.9 to 67.52 loss, leaving me with 4th place for the year.  The only upside to the playoffs, where I lost both games, is that the team that beat me last week by less than a point lost in the championship game by less than two points.  I know I shouldn't gloat on others misfortunes, but really, it is just so easy to do so.

Swagbucks league - A 106.84 - 81.02 win, giving me third place in the league, and an additional trophy for my fantasy sports profile on Yahoo.  The matchup was against the highest scoring team during the regular season (I was second highest) so going into the playoffs this looked more like the eventual championship game rather than the consolation game it turned out to be.  The third place trophy makes it my 13th won playing fantasy sports on  Yahoo, though my first since the 2011 hockey season. 

Fantasy Hockey

My league - I went 7-1-3 last week, bringing my overall record to 53-36-21, which is still god enough for 3rd place in the league.  I actually increased my lead on 4th place, it now stands at 5 points in the standings, and I am 14 points ahead of 6th place, which is the last roster spot, so I am starting to feel just a little bit comfortable about finishing the regular season in the top 6 (7th place is 21 points behind me), though the season isn't even half over yet, and I am sure my team could get hit with a rash of injuries, but at least now I have a cushion to work with.

Radio league - Still in 4th place, though 3rd and 4th swap on an almost daily basis now.  Again this is the league where I don't understanding the scoring system at all, so it is time for our Jakub Voracek update.  Voracek had a good week plus, he now leads the NHL in scoring with 46 points (14 G, 32 A), three points ahead of his closest competitor, Tyler Seguin.  Yahoo now lists Voracek as their third most valuable fantasy player, behind only his teammate Claude Giroux (who is also on my team) and Evgeni Malkin.  And just where does our league have Voracek ranked?  27th.  He still trails Brooks Orpik (also on my team) and the 8 points Orpik has contributed this year (all assists), who is ranked 24th, the same Orpik that Yahoo has ranked 467th.  Again I ask you to figure out the riddle, because I don't get it. 

Okay, that closes the book on football season, at least for fantasy purposes  Don't worry, I have no intention of doing fantasy baseball this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been