Sunday, December 21, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 338 - Be honest, did you really miss me?

     Yes, I haven't been on the page in a couple of days but things have been hectic around here.  Friday I had to work (of course) but later on Friday night I got to spend some time with a very good friend of mine, Debbie. 

     I had put an ad on Craigslist, we had two tickets to the Steelers game that we were trying to get rid of, but as of Friday afternoon I hadn't heard anything and I didn't want to be sitting around the office on Saturday hoping to find someone who might be interested in buying them, so I threw a quick status update on Facebook about them and Debbie said she wanted them, which was cool an all.  She decided to come down to Pittsburgh Friday night to get them, so after work I came home, ate a sandwich and grabbed a shower and headed back out the door to go meet her back at Smithfield News, since I was keeping the tickets in my desk there.  I suppose I could have brought hem home but my apartment is a mess and Debbie had suggested getting a coffee and talking for a bit as well, or doing adult stuff as she put it.  Getting a coffee downtown seemed like a good idea because all of the Christmas decorations are up, so we could walk and taalk and check out some of the displays, like the Santas from Around the World at PPG Place.

     She ended up running a little behind, but that was okay, I used the time to review some security footage at work.  I knew someone was stealing things from the freezer in the back and I was hoping I could catch them on camera.  While I didn't catch them while waiting for Debbie to arrive, I did catch someone dealing drugs in the back of the store, an older lady was selling prescription pills to a guy she came in with.  Not cool, or kosher since our owners are Jewish.  In any event the lady is a regular in the store so by Saturday afternoon we had already spoke to both of them and said they were no longer welcome on the premises.

     Getting back to our story, Debbie arrives and we walk down to check out some of the decorations and grab a coffee.  I knew (because I am the keeper of the great knowledge) that not only was there a Santa display at PPG Place, but a Crazy Mocha booth as well, so I got a caramel latte, she got a cinnamon tea and we walked around, first the display but then really all over downtown, just chatting and catching up.  See the thing is, I have known Debbie since I was like 15 or 16, back then she was dating one of my friends in high school and from original interaction came our friendship, but there was gap, a rather lengthy one at that, where we lost touch with each other.  I knew she had moved to Virginia at one point but that was really all I knew for the longest time.  We reconnected on Facebook, in part to my superior sleuthing skills and that was when I learned she had moved back this way, she lives about an hour away from Pittsburgh an now has two kids, so while we talked on Facebook we hadn't had a grown up conversation in a face to face manner in probably 25 years. 

      So what started out as just a trip to maybe get a coffee and pick up some football tickets ended up being a 3+ hour gab fest between us, just catching up on some of the things we had been doing for the last two and half decades.  It was wonderful and fun and I don't know, I good get all caught up in just writing positive things about how awesome the evening was.  I don't know if either of us really wanted the evening to end, but she did have an hour drive back home and I had to go back to the store and get my bag that I lokced up in the office before we left, so a little after midnight we called it an evening.

     Saturday was not nearly as enjoyable, but it turned out to be productive at least.  I worked for about 7 hours, doing invoices, getting orders in for Tuesday and reviewing more camera footage.  And on Saturday I did catch the thief that was stealing out of our freezers, he came in around 6:30 Thursday morning and proceeded to the back of the store, literally laid his bookbag on the ground, unzipped it and just started pulling stuff out of the freezer and putting it in his bag.  Mystery solved, now it is just a matter of the next time he comes in, and I am sure he will.  After all if you can easily rip off a place once why not go back and do it again? 

    I came home after work and went and had a couple of beers, just trying to wash the week away and ended up drnking more than I should have.  Not that I got sickly drunk or anything, but I really was only going to have one or two and maybe play the poker machines for a minute, but I started winning and one or two became 5 or 6 and the $30 I spend on the machine I cashed out for $100, so by the time I came home I just wanted to eat and sleep.  While I didn't do any drunken blogging, some people did get drunken Facebook messages.  I know because I called myself fantabulous in one of them.

     Today was me getting up and taking advantage of my day of to get most of my Christmas shopping done.  I can't say what all I bought because the people who are getting stuff could read this, but one of the items I couldn't buy in the store.  I asked if I could pay for the item there and then have it shipped elsewhere, but they said no.  The only way I could do it would be to buy it online and since most of my dinero was in my wallet, that meant I had to buy a gift card in the store, so I could go home and order online from the very same story and use the recently purchased gift card to pay for it.  Silly I know, but at least I got to but the smaller gifts while there and ordering online I did get the delivery set for Dec 24th, so it will arrive at its destination before Christmas. 

     Now I am just laying here, part of me is hungry and thinks I should make something to eat, part of me is lazy and is thinking I could just get up early and go to breakfast before work.  I know if I eat now I will not do breakfast, but if I wait I will still just nosh on crap all night long.  Even as I type there is a bag of Reese Peanut Butter cups beside me, just calling my name. 

     So for now, I 'll just say that's a wrap.  Not sure what the coming week will look like blogging wise.  I will try to be here, but I am pulling a double Christmas Day, so chances are if I am here I will be late.  Anyway, toodles are in order so, toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been