Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 346 - Out with a bang

     I was unsure of what to write today, it is the last day of the ear and all.  Perhaps I will be writing more than one entry, I don't know, I just know my head is filled with ideas at this point, but I have nothing to connect one idea with the other so they would best be served being kept as separate entities.

     This particular entry I hadn't even planned on writing today, until I was at work checking the company email or some such nonsense and on the home page of one of the computers was a story where a woman was shot in WalMart by her 2 year old kid.  I am sure the term tragedy was bandied about in the story. I will say now the exact same thing I said after the shooting that took place at Sandy Hook elementary, this is simply the cost of doing business.  When we as a society said, hey, what would be really cool is if every one could carry a gun in a public place then we set this chain of events in motion.  Veronica Rutledge's death wasn't a tragedy because she herself created the situation by being such an irresponsible gun owner that she allowed her 2 year old son access to a firearm.  Had an innocent bystander been shot, then yes, I would concur that a tragedy had taken place, but when someone opts to carry a gun and then gets shot by that gun because of their own irresponsible behavior, that's not a tragedy, that just Darwinism.  I don't shed tears for stupid people, it's just not in my DNA. 


    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been