Thursday, December 4, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 327 - The day to day grind

     So we are right around the week milestone of me running the store, though more often than not it feels like the store is running me.  I have yet to leave work this week while the sun is still out, which is just depressing.   I find myself not in full blown blow up mode, but snapping more often and my fuse is shorter which will be a recipe for disaster at some point.  Last night I just blew everything off after work and went and had a few beers, which was nice because when I got home it was so much easier to fall asleep, or pass out or do whatever it is I did.  Usually I am awake till 2 in the morning or later, last night I was probably asleep by 9pm.  Who needs Sominex when alcohol works just as well?

     I am trying to keep it together, part of my agreement in June was that I would get an employee review in 6 months rather than the normal year waiting period, so we are getting closer to that time and me blowing up now would probably be the worst impression to leave at this point, but keeping it together is not all that easy.  There is a lot funneled right at me these days and so far the amount of support I have gotten in handling it has been minimal.  I am basically be asked to handle everything, from fixing screwups in the scheduling to trying to make sense of the numbers, to trying to keep Brian happy by keeping the ordering down, which isn't easy unless I am now tied to every vendor whenever they come in.  It is starting to become a bit much, maybe too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been