Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 347 - Fantasy wrap up

     As I think you know, I have been using one of these posts every week to update my fantasy sports teams.  Since I am still 18 posts behind for the year (and I will not get to 365, no matter how much I type) I figured I might as well bang out one last one of  these before the calendar year and this particular project closes up shop. 

     This will be smaller than the last blogs of this type simply because there is less to report on, the two fantasy football teams have seen their seasons come to a close, leaving only two hockey teams remaining.  As for how they did.....

Fantasy hockey

My league - I went 7-2-2 last week, the overall record now sits at 60-38-23 which is still good for third place overall.  I am now 29 points ahead of 7th place, so I could have a winless week and still be in the top six.  That's good since the top six qualify for the playoffs.  Of course the playoffs are still a ways off, and this week I take on the 1st place team in the league, so having a bit of a cushion at this point is a good thing, I could get my ass kicked this week.

Radio league - Still in 4th place and honestly my desire to even be in this league is waning.  I can do the Jakub Voracek update again, he still leads the NHL in scoring by 3 points, Yahoo has him ranked as the 5th most valuable fantasy player, this league has him ranked 31st.  It could just be bitching and moaning on my part, but any fantasy scoring system should at least be reflective of what is taking place on the ice, guys that are valuable in the actual game should be of value in fantasy too, and guys who are all but inconsequential shouldn't have their value inflated because of nonsense, yet nonsense rules this league.  It is time to quit swimming upstream in this league, just accept the fact I will never get it and move on.

There that was easy, wasn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been