Sunday, December 7, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 329 - Losing is winning

I did not do my fantasy updates right away this week, I needed to check over a few things, because by most accounts it would seem like it was a bad week, but it wasn't.  I did okay despite by best efforts to not do so, and as a result I am now in the playoffs in both fantasy football leagues and actually my fantasy hockey teams are doing better if the standings are the barometer in which things are measured.,  To wit, here were the goings on last week.

Fantasy Football

Work league - I lost 97.04 - 88.98, and my record fell to 7-6.  Despite the loss I managed to clinch a playoff spot because the one team that could have caught me last week also lost and going into the last week of the regular season I sit alone in the 4th and final playoff spot, while two teams are 6-7.  The league tiebreaker being head to head matchups, I am 3-0 against both of those teams so there is no tiebreaker that I lose.  Likewise the team in third is 8-5 and while I could possible tie his overall record this week, he holds the tiebreaker on me, so I am locked into 4th place no matter what I do.  It is like I am closing the season on a bye week.

Swagbucks league - I won here, 92.96 - 53.30 and my record is now 10-3.  While I have already clinched a playoff spot in this league, it has yet to be determined if I will be the #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs.  Currently my record is good for second place, 1st place is 11-2 so if I win and the first place team loses we would finished tied for first.  Unlike the other league, the first tiebreaker here is points scored, and not only do I trail in record, but in point scored as well, by less than 15 points (14.72 to be precise), so not only would I have to win and the first place team lose, but I would have to outscore the first place team this week as well.  Honestly I don't care whether I get first or second, nobody remembers who came in first in the regular season in fantasy sports, only who comes in first in the playoffs. 

Fantasy hockey

Radio league - While I continue to lose ground to the first place team, there are no playoffs in this league, only season points, I somehow managed to climb from 4th place into third.  Not that it means much, I still ave no idea why the scoring is set in this league the way it is, but it wouldn't be a fantasy update for this league without me bitching about how things are scored here, so let's get about our Jakub Voracek update.  he is still tied for first in the NHL in scoring (33 points) and has the same point line as the man he is tied with, Sidney Crosby (who is also on my team).  They both have 9 goals and 24 assists on the season, yet Crosby is 6th in fantasy points while Voracek is 44th.  Of note is Brooks Orpik, also on my team, who sits in 32 in fantasy points, yet only has 6 assists on the season.  Go ahead, figure that out and when you do, clue me in.

My league - I went 3-4-4 this past week, so the overall record is now 35-27-15, yet I managed to actually go from 6th to 5th place in the overall standings.  There is still a big drop off after 6th place, but spots 3 through 6 are separated by 6 points (89 to 83), first and second have distanced themselves a bit, both have 99 points.  The league is a 12 team league with two divisions of 6 teams, and while I am 5th overall, I am only in 4th in my own division, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams are all in the same group of 6 as myself.

There, I think that should get us up to date, time for me to get a nap in before getting up trying to be productive tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been