Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 298 - How the weekend was

     With everything thing going on here it is easy to forget that my fantasy teams play no matter how fucked up life is at the moment.  The results were mixed, it certainly wasn't my best week ever, but it wasn't my worst either.   Like the Oscars, time to grab the envelope and learn the results......


     Fantasy Football
     Swagbucks league - I lost 105.40 - 102.64 dropping my record to 6-2.  So I know have two losses this year by a combined total of less than 6 points.  I remain in first place via the league's tiebreaker (points scored) but of the 10 teams in the league 7 of them have records of at least 4-4 so there still isn't much margin for error.

     Work league - I won 105.04 - 52.02 bring my record back to .500 at 4-4.  The win is my 3rd in a row, but because the tiebreaker is different in this league (head to head record) I am in 5th place, in part because my team has had more points scored against it than any other team in the league thus far.  The closest team to me in that unenviable category is still 50 points back. 

     Fantasy Hockey
     Radio League - I will call it this simply because when I first joined it is was during my radio days and the commissioner of the league is someone who I used to work with at the radio station.  Since it isn't head to head but rather a cumulative point total (and like I said before, I still don't understand it) I will just say that I am in 4th place out of 5 teams, 141.60 points behind first place.  That number may seem big but in truth it really isn't all that bad, on a good night a team can easily score 100+ points depending on the number of teams that are playing.  Consider last year where I finished in last, over 2700 points back and 141 and change isn't that big a deal.

     My league - As for the hockey league I am running, which is head to head, I had a disappointing week going 2-7-2, dropping my overall mark to 9-10-3 which is good enough for 8th place out of 12 teams.  There is still plenty of time to turn things around, but I can't say I am all that happy with that result.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been