Monday, October 20, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 293 - Training day

     Today was my first day in training Bobby on some of the things I do at work.  I have two days so I will not get to show him everything, but hopefully he will catch onto enough stuff that things will not be too bad while I am away.  Of course while we were doing very well early on, I had showed him the lottery and the afe combinations, we were actually running ahead of schedule until Ed came in.  Then I gave Ed the sales numbers so he could make his revisions and somehow he mixed up the numbers by, oh, just $2000.  That started a proceeding where I had to figure out where the mistake was, which I am sure made things far more confusing than they had a right to be. 

     That would have been bad enough, but because of the grocery screwup the order was incredibly large today and I had to sort a few orders out of  weeks worth of stuff that came in, so all of that work that was done to get ahead was lost and by the end of the day I was running behind schedule again, getting off of work at 5:30 after starting at 6:30.  Usually I can start at 8:30 and be done by 4 or 4:30. 

     at least one good thing came out of today, both my fantasy football teams ended up winning, I am now 6-1 in the Yahoo league and 3-4 in the work league.  Even the hockey team did good in its first week, I went 7-3-1, it was good enough for the fourth best record to open the season, week #2 sees me play someone who went 9-0-2 in the first week, so it should be interesting.  I think I would have rather gotten a little easier of a matchup two weeks in, something to build momentum off of, but even though I am commissioner, I do not make the schedule, I just get to play the one given to me by Yahoo.

     Anyway I am tired and think I will call it a night, I have a lot to do tomorrow, both at work and getting ready to leave after work.  Not sure what time I will be back tomorrow, though since I have the court hearing Thursday chances are I will be back here at some point tomorrow night, after that it is anybody's guess when I will be back on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been