Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 274 - Even so far

     Honestly I am not much into blogging this evening, I keep checking back on the baseball game to see how it is going.  The Pirates are playing the San Francisco Giants here in Pittsburgh, the winner of the one game wild card game goes on to play the Washington Nationals in one of the two National League Division Series (the other is St. Louis and Los Angeles).  Who would have thunk that when I first started blogging and the Pirates were in the middle of a streak that would see them miss the post season for 20 straight years that now they would be laying playoff baseball for the last two in a row.

     Of course there is always the financial aspect of the games for me, since I am the guy who is in charge of selling the season tickets at work for the playoff games.  I get a nice finders fee for doing the legwork, for tonight's game we had 4 tickets and I managed to sell them for $650, which earned me $100 for my time which wasn't all that much, I only had to post an ad on Craigslist and the rest was easy but since Ed is completely computer illiterate once again in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.  Ed made out on the deal as well though, he made over $300 for my efforts.  It could be argued that I should have made more since I did the actual work, but if Ed or the store doesn't buy the tickets, which is a sizable investment then nobody makes anything. 

     Which means I am hoping the Pirates win tonight for a couple of reasons, the first being they are the hometown team and second because if they win I have a chance of making more money by selling more tickets.  I would like to ride this here gravy train for as long as possible.

     Speaking of sports, I haven't talked much about my fantasy football teams in this blog recently.  Right now the season is 4 weeks old and n the Yahoo league I signed up for (and didn't care about, I did it for 25 Swagbucks) I am 3-1.  Not too shabby.  Too bad the league I do care about, with some coworkers, I am just 1-3.  Yikes.  And I play one of my coworkers this week and he is 3-1.  If I don't win this week I may have just dug myself too deep a hole to ever get out of this year. 

     The fantasy hockey league I set up is looking t be a dud so far.  All of the people who originally said they wanted to be in it haven't signed up yet, though the draft isn't until Monday night so there is still time.  God forbid anyone who is reading this and is interested, the link to join is https://yho.com/nhl?l=13722&k=bfc61cd5c9ac9b44 .  Bonus points for anyone who actually knows what Vinegar Strokes are.

     Well, time to go check in on the game again, then maybe try to get to bed at a decent hour without the assistance of alcohol.  I have been having more strange dreams recently, so maybe going to bed isn't the wisest course of action, but I do need my beauty rest after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been