Monday, October 13, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 285 - Almost on schedule

     Well I did get my trip in today, I ran over to the Waterfront and picked up the things I needed from Office Depot, ink for the office printer, labels for the pricing guns, a dry erase board for the deli and I even got a new backpack for myself.  I broke my old one at work Friday, I got change for the store, including a box of pennies and a box of quarters, and when I went to take it off of my shoulder the one shoulder strap ripped off.  I nearly ended up dropping it, which would have sucked since my iPad was in the front pocket.

      I got home and the Steeler game had already started, not that I wanted to watch it.  By the sounds of things I didn't miss much seeing as how they lost 31-10.  The result did provide for some comic relief in that the post game call in show is always funny after they lose, especially in such convincing fashion.  I still have never understood why a post game show needs to be as long as the game itself, but for three hours there were people calling in all apoplectic about the result of the game, as if a bunch of men that play a game for millions of dollars really give two shits about what Joe from Bumfuck, Egypt thinks of their performance.  It isn't war or famine people, it is just a bad football team.

     I passed on doing the breakfast thing and instead ordered dinner in after taking a nap, just some boneless wings from Wings Over Pittsburgh.  I really liked their blackened cajun dry rub they put on wings, it is just way too tasty.  So I noshed a bit, then called my mom.  She had some tests done this past week, and perhaps there is an explanation as to what has been happening, but explanations only go so far, she still has to do what the doctor says for it to matter.  As it is they may end up doing surgery, she has blockages in a couple of arteries and it may be affecting blood flow to her brain.  We talked for about half an hour, she never mentioned anything about her trip to the doctor or anything about the tests, which doesn't surprise me, she can be stubborn that way.

     After the phone call I just laid about, finishing what was left of my wings, occasionally looking up at the Sunday Night football game and just spending my time being useless.  It felt good. 

     Anyway, that was the day and this should almost get me caught up to where I need to be, I am now just a few hours behind on the blog as opposed to a full day.  No I am not going to turn around and grind out a second entry as soon as I finish this one, I think I will wait a few hours for that.  For now I am just going to climb into bed for a couple of zzz's and get back at it manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been