Monday, October 6, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 279 - Time to get this party started

     Okay, after weeks of talking about it tonight was the night of the fantasy hockey league draft where I am the commissioner.  Honestly I wasn't even sure it was going to come off, I had a number of people say they were interested but then none of them actually followed through with their interest so as late as Saturday night I was sitting with just two teams.  Yahoo will not even run a league unless at least 4 teams are in it, I ad set mine up for a maximum number of 12, two divisions of 6 teams each. 

     In order to fix that problem I went in to my league setting on Saturday and changed the league from private (only people who had access to the link for the league could join) to public (anyone could join).  Still as I was sitting here Sunday afternoon and nothing was happening I was thinking maybe I am just not going to have a league at all this year.

     Today that started to change.  While I was at work I started getting notifications that a couple other people had joined and by the time I got home from work the league was up to 7 people.  Of course an odd number is not ideal for a head to head league, so while less worried I was still worried nonetheless.  With draft time at 9pm I was hpoing at least one more team would join.

     Then around 8pm the floodgates opened.  I was sitting here on my laptop hen my iPad started beeping every couple of minutes, email notifications that another person had joined and in short order the remaining 5 spots were fill so to steal Bob Johnston's old line, it is a great day for hockey.

     And after a draft that took a little longer than I thought it might (three guys left their teams be auto drafted by Yahoo), here is your 2014 Argonauts fantasy hockey roster

Argonauts
1. (4) Alex Ovechkin (Was - RW)
2. (21) P.K. Subban (Mon - D)
3. (28) Marc-Andre Fleury (Pit - G)
4. (45) Patrick Marleau (SJ - C,LW)
5. (52) Keith Yandle (Ari - D)
6. (69) Marian Hossa (Chi - RW)
7. (76) Joe Thornton (SJ - C)
8. (93) Marian Gaborik (LA - RW)
9. (100) Roberto Luongo (Fla - G)
10. (117) Dan Boyle (NYR - D)
11. (124) Paul Stastny (StL - C)
12. (141) Matt Moulson (Buf - LW)
13. (148) Valtteri Filppula (TB - C,LW)
14. (165) Vladimir Tarasenko (StL - RW)
15. (172) Frederik Andersen (Anh - G)
16. (189) Roman Josi (Nsh - D)
17. (196) Jussi Jokinen (Fla - C,LW)
18. (213) Marek Zidlicky (NJ - D)       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been