Sunday, October 5, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 278 - Hope springs annually, if not eternally

     So I got in late last night, which I wrote about briefly in my last entry.  What I didn't talk about though was my walk home.  It was memorable because it was cold out.  Not bone chilling cold, the rotating clock at the end of my street had the temperature in the low 40s, I think it said 42 but I can't remember for certain.

     I got to thinking that the first snowfall of the year was getting close, and how cool would it be if it got just cold enough for the first flurries to start flying.  I wasn't wishing for any substantial snowfall, I am much more of a summer guy, but with Sunday being my only day off some morning flurries would mean I would be home for the annual tradition.

     Anyone who has been around the blog for more than a minute knows what happens during the first snowfall, I drop everything and go have a hot chocolate.  It was something Hope and I used to do and even though we lost touch for a while (only in the last year have we gotten back in touch via Facebook), it was something that I continued to do on my own.  It always gets me to a happy place, thoughts of the hot chocolates we did share back in the day.

     So one of the things I did when I got home was to go online and see how cold it was going to get and my hopes were increased as I was checking the hourly forecast, it would be getting down to 33 early in the morning.  All I had to do was get up early, and for this I most certainly would.

     After finishing my blog I went to bed and slept until about 5:30 in the morning.  Almost like a kid on Christmas I wanted to see if even a flurry or two might be flying.  But that wasn't the case, hot chocolate will have to wait.

      Not sure why I was wanting it to happen so much.  I think just with everything that has been happening recently between work and my mom I was hoping maybe I might get a respite, however briefly, and be transported back to a happier time and place but today just wasn't that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been