Monday, June 30, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 181 - Scheduling conflict

     Okay, I didn't prepare for today very well at all.  I woke up early enough, more than early enough actually, but after hitting my snooze button a few times I shut the alarm off, thinking I would close my eyes for 15 minutes and then go about the business of being functional.  Well that didn't work out as planned, I ended up falling back to sleep, and while I was able to wake up in time to catch the buss and report in for a normal day of work for me, today was anything but normal.

     First, Brian is on vacation.  Which means anything Brian does when he is around now falls squarely on my shoulders.  I am now not only running the deposits to the bank, but I am doing all of the actual banking as well, moving money between accounts so we can pay bills, cover payroll, meet our Western Union obligations, etc.  I am actually doing things that eve Ed doesn't do, which means I guess I am officially sitting at the big kids table.  Plus today was the day that payroll had to be submitted to ADP, and while Ed will call in the hours for everyone, I was responsible for editing any hours by tracking cal offs and tardiness, as well as tracking any advances that may have been doled out over the last two weeks.  Not to mention as well as our grocery order I had three other cigarette orders coming in that needed separated, I still had the books to do from our weekend sales.  It was a busy day to say the least, made all the worse because I was stupid enough to go back to bed this morning. 

     I have another 9 or so days of being Brian as well as being me, and if I am going to make it through this I think I better get to bed a little earlier tonight and not go back to sleep when the alarm first goes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been