Sunday, June 15, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 166 - Mistakes that don't matter

     I failed to mention something in yesterday's blog, in part because it was already late and I was pressed for time and in part because I didn't realize it until after the fact.

     Sitting on my desk at work was a stack of emails, not work related emails, just some personal goodie correspondence that I had printed up and wanted to take with me.  I have been mentioning (hinting) that my birthday is coming up and I received some offers in my email from different pages and companies that I interact with on Facebook and the web in general.  So, sitting on my desk was an email for a free burger at Red Robin, free pancakes at IHOP and a free bagel w/cream cheese at Brueggers.  My plan after missing the concert last night was, worst case scenario I would at least go to breakfast this morning, free pancakes were sounding good for a Sunday morning.

     But as I unlocked my apartment door last night I realized all of the birthday offers were still sitting on my desk at work and given today was Father's Day as well as Sunday, I imagined that unless I went into work very early to retrieve my emails and then go to breakfast, until I got there IHOP would be full of fathers being taken out to breakfast as well as people either coming or going from church.  And with Sunday being my only day off I wasn't much in the mind both getting up early and going into work.

     So I slept in a little bit, until 8:30 or so and got up and puttered around the apartment when the dreaded cell phone rang.  There are only a handful of people that have my cell number at this point, so if it is ringing then work is probably calling.  And it was work,  someone had a ticket stuck in the lottery machine.  Since the keys to the lottery machines are locked up in the office in my desk that meant that I had to go into work today anyway, but by then it was too late to go to breakfast without running smack into the breakfast crowds that almost assuredly would be out there.  Plus, just getting into town was a process with both the Three Rivers Arts Festival and Pridefest going on and today was the last day of both. As part of Pridefest there was a parade blocking off a handful of downtown streets, so getting to and fro was taking more time than usual.

     I did get into work and the lottery machine was all of about a 30 second fix, as soon as I opened the machine the ticket that was jammed came falling out, but since I was already at work, I went ahead and ran another credit card settlement and pulled the deli numbers from Friday morning.  Ed has been tracking how much breakfast business we have been doing, well he has been looking at the numbers, actually puling the report is my job.  I swear that I love the new register system, I am getting to the point where I can get it to do lots of neat little things that our old software was completely incapable of.

     After that I just decided to mosey around a bit, the day was beautiful outside and getting out of was going to be tricky, so instead I decided to do this.  Enjoy!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been