Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 154 - Work, minus the office

     Today was the first day where I was scheduled to work, but not go in.  Instead I was slated to go to a show for a food vendor, GFS, and meander around some displays they had set up.  Just go, try some samples, grabs some notes and information and generally be lazy.  All in all, a pretty lazy day for me, but what the hell.  So I went and tried some things, got some notes and afterward I went out and picked up the dreaded cell phone.  Verizon lets you order your phone online and then pick it up in the store, so that is what I did, opting to get my phone at the Waterfront store.  Of course this meant a huge chunk of the day for me was spent on buses.  The trip to the GFS show (in Monroeville) is about an hour on the bus from Oakland.  The trip back was almost as long, but I got off of the bus in Squirrel Hill, and walked a few blocks, then transferred buses to get to the Waterfront.  After getting the phone it was another bus back from the Waterfront to Oakland.  All told I was probably on the bus about 2 1/2 hours.  Thankfully I had a book with me that I could read to kill time.  Too bad I killed the book in the process.  Oh well, back to World War I I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been