Saturday, June 21, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 172 - Seeking professional help

     I was at a loss as to what to write about this evening.  Not that I was at a loss all day long, I had ideas earlier and then lost then in the great beyond that is known as my mind.  I actually had a couple of good ideas I was fleshing out this morning/afternoon on my bus ride back from breakfast.  I went and used the free birthday pancakes I had gotten from IHOP for my Saturday breakfast and was just catching the bus back into work when I had an idea for a blog, it was starting to even flesh itself out a little bit in my head.  Ideas of how it should begin, what the middle might look like were taking shape.  I didn't have an ending mapped out, I was still in the planing stage.

     I suppose I could have pulled out my iPad and started writing a little something, but iPad-ing on the bus isn't as easy as it sounds, and worse, just as I was fleshing out a good idea for a blog someone sat in the seat next to me.  And it was an attractive someone to boot.  So now I am at that point where I don't want to let on that I think the person sitting next to me is attractive, so I am pretending not to notice her because that is the proper way any 45 year old man should act around an attractive female.  But I also don't want to now pull out my iPad and start blogging right next to her, because it is impolite to pull out your junk in public and worse, if she happens to read anything I am writing I could scare her off without even saying anything.  It is like when you approach a bird in your yard, you don't want to get too close because you will scare it away, but sudden movements might do that as well, so you are just stuck there frozen.

     Of course she ended up riding the bus all the way into town, the same stop I was getting off in fact, so before I could actually right anything down I was already at work and there was plenty to do there so the thought of just taking some time and blogging wasn't an option.  Whatever idea I had, by the time I got fully involved in my job, it was gone.  Perhaps it will come back tomorrow or the next day, who knows.

     Instead I got home from work just about 15 minutes ago and fired up the laptop and was just getting ready to say I had nothing to write about.  First though I wanted to check Facebook, my aunt had suggested going to breakfast on Sunday and I hadn't heard back since I replied to her so I just was checking to see if there was an update (as of this writing, no there isn't), but there was a message for me over there concerning yesterday's blog entry from a friend of mine, Richard.  I decided maybe I better go back and look at yesterday's entry to see what was so exciting, maybe I missed something. 

     What I found was that I had typos and screwups galore.  So much for spell check on the iPad, that thing looked horrible.  So I went back and edited a few things, mostly typos but a couple of other small things as well.  I didn't change the content, just some spellings (or misspellings) and rephrased a thing or two, but I have decided that maybe I need to take some applications for a full time proof reader.  I'll admit, the job pays as much as what grinding out a daily blog pays (nothing) and chances are it will add absolutely nothing to your resume, but anyone wishing to apply for the job is more than welcome to.  You can't do a worse job than I already do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been