Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 54 - The streak ends...sort of

     I had a plan for today, though it wasn't one I expected to keep by the end of the day.  As you know I have been complaining recently that when I have a day off and want to do something with it, it snows.  I was expecting the same thing today, it is Sunday after all.  So I make plans, thinking full well I wouldn't keep them.  Not big plans mind you, just sneaking out for breakfast and maybe a little grocery shopping afterward.  I wasn't even going to take my laptop, it deserved the day off too, just my book that I have been reading and my iPad, so I could use the calculator function to do the invoices I brought home Saturday after work.



     I wake up early, around 6am, and I start thinking I can tackle this plan one of two ways, breakfast in the Strip District followed by shopping over there, since I haven't been to Scratch N Dent grocery in ages, I thought going to see what they had might be a good thing, or I could head over to IHOP and then Bottom Dollar at The Waterfront, where the specials might not be as good, but I know they will have most things I am looking for.  While I pondered this dilemma I closed my eyes and fell back asleep.  Oops.

     The thing is, no matter where you go for breakfast on a Sunday morning, it is best advised to get there early because everyone will be out for their either pre or post church meal.  Falling back to sleep meant that wherever I went chances are I would have to wait for a table now.  My eyes reopened around 8am and I sat here wondering if I should even go, I wasn't in the mood for waiting, but I didn't want to sit around my apartment all day either.   Finally around 9am I decided to go to the window, if there was snow on the ground I wasn't going out in it, if there was no snow then I was taking advantage of this opportunity.  I look out the window and lo and behold there is no snow.  Yay and all that jazz.  I start to get ready, and as I am getting dressed and putting my stuff together to take with me I see a problem.  The invoices I thought I brought home with me aren't in my bag.  I have to go into work.  That mistake made my decision easier, if I went to the Strip, then I could just walk to work after breakfast. 

     So I did get to do my day off thing, I went to Kellie O's and had the hot sausage omelet, then stopped by Scratch N Dent, where I picked up a frozen Mrs Smith's Peach Pie for 2.99 among a couple of bags full of stuff, then into work where I did my invoices, took care of a couple of emails that needed done and started Dee's reports for Monday (she is leaving early Monday to attend a funeral) before coming home or the day.  So on the plus side, it didn't snow today, but then I guess I wasn't off today either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been