Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 42 - For what it is worth

This is one of those days that I can't complain about all that much. Things went okay at work, I even got most of my work done ahead of schedule, which is a nice thing, the distractions were mostly limited and I was even able to get a couple of side projects done that I have been meaning to get to. So I guess you could say that it has been a productive day. Heck, I don't even have any paperwork to do at home tonight, so it must have went okay.

I also started looking into my next raise at work. Way back when I first received my promotion there was a period where I was given a raise while I was training, though only a few of us actually knew I was training for my position at the time. During this process Ed had told me that a when I was finished with my training and had actually taken over a manager spot I would receive an additional raise. That second raise hasn't happened yet, even though I have been a manager since June. I have not complained about it too much yet, simply because in a sense this first months have been basically just a kicking the tires period, where we find out if I am a good long term fit and also the fact that I am no doing this solo, Dee is there 5 days a week and we are sharing the responsibilities of both of the stores. But she is almost certainly leaving in June at this point, she is finishing packing up her house this week and unless something drastic happens between Feb. and June, her and her boyfriend are moving to Florida and living in his house down there. If I am going to be flying solo from that point on, then I am most certainly going to be seeking more money. I have already started my due diligence and began the process of comparison shopping, seeing what others in my industry are getting paid for a similar job, that way when I do have a sit down with Ed it is not simply me pleading for more money, rather it is a simple case of here is what I do, here is what others who do similar work get paid, let's hammer out a number that both parties can agree on. If we come to a consensus great, if not I think after 5 and a half years I probably have a marketable enough skill set that I can take it to other places and make more money. Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been