Monday, February 10, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 41 - Chills

     I think I am coming down with something.  Ever since Saturday at work I can't seem to get warm.  I am sure part of that is due to t6he fact the office at work is in the basement and around this time of the year it is never warm, my apartment is probably 4 to 6 degrees colder than I would like it to be and outside just continues to be a mess, but t s not just the tempos around me that are making me feel all blah.  Of course this would be one of the worst times for me to decide to get sick (as though I have much of a decision in the matter), Dee has a doctor's appointment tomorrow and once again there is at best a coin flips chance that Brian will grace us with his presence so there really is n option about me going into work or not, I have to.

     I can't remember the last time I took a day off that I was on the schedule or would normally have been on the schedule, my guess is it was back in June when I took my vacation time.  I did take off the Saturday after Christmas but technically I am not on the schedule on Saturdays and I only took off because I doubled down and stayed late by doing all of my Saturday work on Friday.  Other than that one weekend, I am on 7 months now of 6 and 7 day work weeks.  Before the week vacation in June you would have to go back to December of 2012, and before that who knows, but it isn't a stretch to say out of the last 60 weeks of work, I have worked at least 6 days in 57 of them, so I can't ignore the possibility that maybe my body is just getting rundown at this point.

     I also have cut back on my personal treat time, that is I would pick a day on the schedule and say "On this day I will do such and such....." and that would be motivation enough to at least get to that point in the week or month, but with the weather the way it has been he last thing I want to do after a work day is to then go someplace else before making my way home.  I imagine I will ave a few of those days in the coming months, after all Spiderman 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are both coming out and I will try to make it a point to see them soon after they are released, but for now I just feel icky.  Like I want to climb back under my blanket and go to sleep.  Yes, I have already taken a nap tonight, from 7pm till 9pm, and I am ready to get back at it, not because I am tired but because if I am sleeping then I am less aware of the ickiness that I feel.

      Anyway, I think I will forage for food a bit and then try closing my eyes again.  Nite all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been