Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 49 - Adding up

Sorry everything was so short yesterday, but work is what it is, and I ended up being there for 15 1/2 hours, so my time for blogging was very short indeed.  And I was right, until I got in my front door it was midnight, so had I not throw a little something on the page then this project would have come to a screeching halt long before I wanted it to.  But now I am hee, still ot sure what all I will say, but I am here nonetheless.

I guess I could make note of a few things that have changed since the last time I wrote.  I have added another book to the shelf t the right, just finished it today while I was at the bus stop on the way back to Gus Millers (and hen home).  Pretty good book actually, good enough that I have already lent it out to one of my co-workers.  I have already stated my next book, I packed two in my bag today thinking that i would be finishing the one before the day was over and sure enough I did.  The new one is one of the ones I picked up on Sunday, when I made my snow laden trip to The Waterfront.  I don't have an opinion of it yet, I have barely gotten into it, having only finished one chapter so far.

I also added to my Coke points.  Yes, I do still collect them in case anyone was wondering.  Most weeks I will add maybe 20 or so, a few more if the weather is nice and I can pick some up while taking my Sunday morning walk, but obviously the weather has sucked recently, so those walks are few and far between.  Still, when I left Gus Millers yesterday morning, I cut up Oakland Avenue to catch a bus on 5th Avenue into town and sitting outside Schezchaun (I know I spelled that wrong) Express, right in their pile of things to be picked up by the trash man were the wrappings of 2 thirty packs of Coke (25 points each) and 1 12 pack (10 points).  When I add in the 2 caps that I found plus the 1 cap and 1 12pack code Sammy gave me, and already this week I am at 79 points.  The weekly allowance you can put in is 120, so I have an outside chance of maxing out my points for the first time in a long time. 

I also made a couple of extra coins with my double shift yesterday.  Usually when I am on register I will get extra nickels and dies that customers leave behind and those will be added to the change meter, as was the case last night.  I guess a change meter update is then in order, so another $1.20 gets added to the kitty (64 cents of which is from last night) and the new total is $481.52.  Still creeping towards that $500 mark, hopefully I will get there this year, have to wait and see though.

On that note I am going to call it a blog, I am still pretty drained from Monday and as of today I am sitting at 79 hours this pay period with 4 more shifts to go.  Eve if I only worked 8 hour days that will put me over 110, but chances are there will be at least 1 day in there that is longer than 8 hours.  For now though, I think I will clmb into my fuzzy pajama pants and call in a night.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I just watched the video... Good Lord! S Carolina must have cringed... unless they understood her. I lived there for 4 years...so it isn't totally impossible. Matt, you need to get a better title! You blog bears no resemblance to that monologue! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my title. Funny thing was I was thinking of what to use for a title years ago, just something that was in the back of my head, not a pressing concern or anything and one night I was home after work and I turned on the TV and this beauty pageant was on. Because I don't have cable I left the TV on as just background noise and was doing other things when I heard this live on TV as it happened. It so happened it was Friday night, so I had to wait until Monday morning to use the audio from this horrid answer on the radio show I worked on. I am not sure how many times we had run it that day, but even now when I hear it I can't help but laugh, so the obvious thing for me was to find a way to incorporate it into the blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been