Sunday, February 9, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 40 - Disappointments

    Before I get all deep into a blog, I should start off by congratulating Lee and Angie Taylor on their nuptials this weekend.  I have had the pleasure of knowing them for close to a decade now, if not even longer and I couldn't be happier for the both of them.  Too bad we do not have one of the Facebook 10 year videos to commemorate th occasion.  In any event, congratulations again and best wishes on your future together.

     Meanwhile back at he ranch as it were, today was what passes for my day off, and once again the weather failed to cooperate with me doing anything out of doors.  I had juggled around in my head maybe breakfast and even perhaps a long walk in the park with my book, or a trek out shopping but instead it snowed and I stayed indoors most of the day.  Just me and my Comforter of  Warmth +1 and that was all I did.  Napped a little bit here and there, made some dinner and really not much more than that.  I should be relatively brief about this entry so I can head over and do some laundry.  Ic ould have done the blog from there and then came back, but I think I might take my book there instead and leave the Ipad at home for a change. 

    Furthering my disappointment today was hearing that the Zimmerman - DMX boxing match has been cancelled.  I will admit that from a purely spectacle standpoint  I can see why this match should not have taken place, the only reason it was happening at all was because of the death of a teenaged boy, but there is part of me that is bloodthirsty enough that, since the court system was unwilling to mete out any justice, I was hoping to get my justice vicariously through the fists of DMX.  Since I am not of the religious sort, I do not believe that there will be some great judgement day forthcoming for George Zimmerman, nor am I much a believer in karma paying people back.  Shitty people get ahead all the time, after all the only reason people even know George Zimmerman's name is the fact he murdered someone.  Did his life suffer all that much?  Not really if he is considered a celebrity by some.  And it would not be all that hard to make a list of people who, despite their actions or behavior, have not seen the scales tip back the other way against them in order to balance the slate.  This just seems like it will be another of those times.

     Anyway, my clothes will not clean themselves. If they dd I might have a new invention on my hands, but they do not so I should put on some pants and make myself useful here, while there is still time left in the day.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Matt, we had a lovely day. I had quite a nostaglic morning, couldn't help but think back to the old hike days, the friendships we made, the ones that have passed on but never forgotten & wondering if we were the first hike wedding? Good times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite sure you were the first Hike wedding. I don't know why I had that stupid Facebook 10 year thing stuck in my head, but I was picturing snapshots of Hike, and Yahoo 360 and Multiply and Facebook, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realised of course we weren't the first wedding...Dane & Charlene beat us to it.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been