Sunday, October 25, 2015

B365V2.150 - Lost and found

So today I woke up with the plans of watching some of the early NFL game from London, which Yahoo was streaming, so of course I had my fingers crossed that it would actually work, but it did work fairly well, slight lag which I expected because of the number of people who would be viewing the stream.  Afterward my plan was to go blow off my free movie pass that I have been toting around for a few weeks now.  I knew the pass was in my +1 bag of wholesome goodness,but before I ventured out I figured I would need my wallet.  Except I couldn't find it.  I checked the pockets of the shorts I wore on Saturday, I checked the pockets of my jacket.  I started to panic, wondering where I had it last.  I remembered I had it when I was buying the stuff for Rocko (see yesterday's blog for more on that) last night, and I had it afterward because I bought two lottery tickets.  Did I set it down on my way home when I stopped to rearrange the stuff I was carrying?  I didn't think so but I could be sure.  So now I started checking pockets on clothes in my laundry, and while I didn't find my wallet I did find $30 that I had left in them.  

I also found a stack of tickets for number games, lottery games with an actual drawing.  They were dated Oct 17th, and I instantly remembered where they were from, I ran some numbers at work for a guy and then he complained they weren't the numbers he wanted.  Since we have no way of cancelling a ticket once it is printed I bought them all ($5 in total) just so the lottery wasn't short when it came time to balance it.  I figured I might as well go on the lottery website and check them.  Turns out one was a $250 winner.  So losing my wallet is proving to be a profitable endeavor at this point.  

I eventually did find my wallet, underneath a pile of stuff, grabbed it and the +1 bag of wholesome goodness, the winning lottery ticket and walked out the door.  First stop was to double check the ticket and make sure it was a winner.  I enter it into the touch screen lottery machine and sure enough it did win $250.  Bet that guy is wishing he had taken my mistake now.   Instead of taking the $250, I bought 3 $10 scratch offs and 4 $5 scratch offs and pocketed $200, which is still way better than I had started the day with.   Next I walked across the street and got my gas station coffee that I fetch on non Crazy Mocha days.  I go over to the coffee section, there is a girl there trying to figure out where everything is, me being a trained professional, zipped through my coffee stuff and made my way to the checkout.  I pulled out the money for my coffee as well as my coffee card (buy 9, get one free) and it turns out today was #9.  So I have a free coffee coming, except the girl got in line behind me, she had finished her coffee learning experience, so I turned around and gave her the card.  

I walked over to my bus stop and decided I might as well scratch off my tickets while I wait for my chariot to arrive.  Turns out the $50 in tickets I bought won $90.    I figure I will take them with me to the Waterfront  and cash them in at Giant Eagle and then take my new found extra winnings to Barnes and Noble because I have been jonesing for some new reading material.  First though was getting my free movie ticket and picking a movie.  I wanted to see "Pawn Sacrifice" but is has already come and gone from theaters here, so instead I opted for the new Steve Jobs  movie.  

I say free movie ticket though technically it is a voucher, the voucher is good for $15, which is more than the cost of a solo ticket, but I am a professional at flying solo and there is no one I would rather be with right now than myself.   So I present the voucher to the ticket last and puck a showing, I picked one after 3 pm, just so I would have time to go to Barnes and Noble before the movie.  As it turns out $15 is good enough for VIP seating, so can you say upgrade, upgrade.  I wonder if this is what people who fly feel like when they get bumped to first class.   I have been to quite a few movies at the Waterfront, this will be my 1st first class seating experience.  I even got a coupon for 3.50 off at the restaurant they have up there.  Of course it isn't open today but I was told I could save it for another sojourn to the movies and use it then.  

I did make my way to Barnes and Noble and picked out two books from the cheapie bin and am sitting down in the indoor Starbucks here, drinking a large hot chocolate.  The barista is a cute redhead (+1 to all her charisma checks).  So I did the requisite Che king out, no jewelry, no rings but that could just be because of the job, though I note she was not wearing a necklace either.  

I escaped Barnes and Noble before I looked like a creeper, but then I am rocking the Holy Guacamole Grubhub shirt today, so creeper is just part of the ensemble.  Instead I went to one of the outside tables at Starbucks, there are three Starbucks at the Waterfront, a standalone, one in Barnes and Noble and one inside Target.  I would much rather go to Crazy Mocha, but any port in a storm as it were.  Plus I am all into stealing wifi (no, I will not give it back). Instead I am sitting outside the standalone, which ironically enough is where I blogged from after my bus crash incident.  

I came over here after using the public restrooms here, which aren't back as far as public restrooms go.  The toilets have one of those sensors that automatically flush when you get up, but my ass was being all eclipsy, I merely turned around to put down my +1 bag of wholesome goodness and the toilet flushed, I hadn't even sat down yet.  It flushed again when I was done and a third time when my fat ass blocked all available light when I picked up my bag.  I think I will refer to future occurrences of such a phenomena as an assclipse.  

I could go get something to eat but my diet of Reese peanut butter cups and Diet Coke last night has my internal tapeworm in a sugar coma, which was aided by my coffee and hot chocolate today.    

Anyway, I better put the tablet away for a while, I think I have written enough to constitute a blog entry.  Let's just hope my ass doesn't get in the way or you will never see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been