Sunday, October 25, 2015

B365V2.149 - Tis Saturday

So I got some disappointing news yesterday.  I found out that the #1 song when i was born was a Beatles song.  I paid no mind to what the title was, The Beatles are disappointing enough.  I have often argued that The Beatles paved the way for all of the horrid boy bands to follow.  So I blame them for N'Sync, The Backstreet Boys, One Direction, just an entire genre of suck.  And knowing that they are somehow tied to the date of my birth makes me think I must be cursed or something.

Maybe that is why I woke up so early this morning, 6:30 to be more precise.  I realize that isn't early for everyone, but it is early for me.  Then I forced myself to stay awake, just so I could get to Pamela's before the Soviet style bread line formed out front.   I have been craving some chorizo and eggs recently, this seemed like as good a time as any to fix that.

Having finished breakfast I meandered my way to the bus stop to head into work.  Yes, I work Saturdays, I work 6 day weeks every week for those not in the know.  Anyway I am walking to the stop and I see a Hispanic woman (cute but not Sexican cute) running across the street to try and catch the airport bus as it is pulling away from the stop. Neither one of them were stopping and it looked like it was going to take on a crackhead Frogger type moment, but the bus managed to avoid hitting her, but didn't stop to pick her up either.

Having got into town earlier than I am used to most Saturday's (or most any days for that matter) I wandered over to the park where I do some of my blogging.  I posted a picture of the deliciousness that was my breakfast on Facebook, played a little MPQ and sent a few fireworks videos from the Pirates game a few weeks back to Misty.  I promised her I would take pictures because she couldn't go and when I was posting the breakfast pic on Facebook I realized I still had them on my tablet, so I sent them off in a message.

I went ahead and walked into work, banged out most of my invoices and balanced the instant ticket machines, faxed a pricing sheet to Ed and settled a batch of credit card receipts, but I was still not feeling all that energetic, so I left, walked back down to the park and played on my tablet a little longer for about a hour and then meandered my way back in where I finished everything I needed to do.  And then I was only too happy to leave, this week has been dragging on me.  I needed to switch my mojo so to speak, get out of my doldrums and get about being me again.

It was then that I remembered Halloween is coming and while I am not the dress up in costume kind of guy, I did tell my friend Kat that I would put together a little something for her son, Rocko, for Halloween, so on my way home from work I went ahead and got the stuff to do that.  I probably got way too much candy, but I am sure Kat will eat some of it.

When I finally made it home I watched a Godzilla marathon on TV (it's Saturday night plans like this that make me popular with the lady folk) and made some dinner, simply do my meal wouldn't mock me again.

And that is Saturday kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been