Monday, October 12, 2015

B365V2.138 - TWTW

     I realize that my posts over the last week or so come off as a little disjointed, so I spam going to spend this evening putting everything in chronological order as best as possible.

     Our little saga begins last Friday, I had completed  running the store solo for a few days with no major casualties.  I am sure there are people out there that could or would have done a better job, I just don't know if any of them currently work for us.  Because of the job I did, Brian offered me baseball tickets for that weekend, I could go to ether the Saturday or Sunday game. The company seats are good seats too, 4 seats on the third base side, about 20 or so rows off the field.  It wasn't a cheap gift either, the tickets face value is $48 each.

     So I was thinking of who I could go to the game with that might be able to use multiple tickets and almost instantly I thought of Misty who works across the street from us, and I have been smitten with for some time now.  Not that I expected offering tickets to change the status quo between her and I, that being just people that know each other and seem to get along well enough when we interact.  In fact I figured with three extra tickets (and a parking pass) if she wanted to bring her boyfriend or her son, she could have all of the tickets.  It isn't the first time I have offered tickets to a work acquaintance, last season I gave some tickets to our former bank manager, Stacy, to take her and her boyfriend to a game.

     Misty informed me she couldn't go, she had to do something with her ex, regarding him picking up some things and what not, but thanked me for the offer and said if she were to go it would just be with her son, her and her boyfriend broke up and that she was back on the market.  I said I was sorry about that and hoped she was okay, she assured me she was.  I did not inquire about details, nor do I want any.

     So Monday rolls around and I am thinking, you know I get paid on Tuesday, so I have some extra cash I could order some flowers for Misty, in part because I don't know if she is still upset about her breakup and I guess in part to show her that I like her.  So I order them from home to be delivered to her work, which is right across the street from me, and I can't count the number of times I went outside at work to see if the delivery guy had showed up yet.  Yes, I was a nervous wreck to say the least.  I even requested a delivery confirmation from FTD, just to make sure they arrived.   Rather than put undue pressure on her, I merely put on the card that I hoped these would put a smile on your face.  Around 2 pm I get a message from Misty that they did indeed put a smile on her face, they had arrived unbeknownst to me.  Still I was happy that they got there.  She asked me what time  I was done with work, so I messaged her back when I finished, she said she still had some time left.  I offered to wait, thinking I could walk her to her car after work.  I don't know if that was misinterpreted or not, but she said she'd love for me to wait, but she had to pick up her son from a function with school, but would I be free on Wednesday?  For her, of course I would be free.

     Wednesday rolls around and I am a little giddy about the day.  I mentioned something to Brian in the office about my upcoming plans and he hands me $50 and tells me to have a good time.  Whether that is because I am such a good employee or the prospect of me having plans with a female is such a rarity, who knows.  I made a detour during my work related bank run and stopped at SWRandall, a toy store located downtown, where I bought her a stuffed teddy bear for the occasion. I send her a message just as I am finishing up, suggesting that someone will be coming with us (the teddy bear of course) as I figured she would be working later than I was based on Tuesday, and I get a reply that says she has to pick up her son from some place and she couldn't stick around for more than a quick hi or hello.  I offered to wait and walk her to her car, which she agreed to, so I stuck around work till 4:30 when she got off, then her and I walked to her car.  It was more of a hide and seek mission, as she couldn't remember where she parked in the garage, but the entire time we were walking she was talking, telling me about her family, which is when I learned she has two sons, I was under the mistaken impression that she only had one.  Not that kids are a deal breaker for me, my attitude on that has changed since I first started blogging ten plus years ago, but I was on my best behavior doing more listening than talking for a change.  Eventually we did locate her car, she offered to give me a ride home, but I politely declined, she had her son to pick up after all and I could easily catch my bus home, instead I gave her the bear and walked to my bus stop which was right across the street from the parking garage.   She suggested while walking to her car that we could possibly do something on Thursday, to which I was open to.  I figure even if I am running late at work, I would still be done before she was.

     Thursday comes around and sure enough I am on point and ahead of schedule.  So when I finish up I shoot her a quick message that I was going to walk down to my park (the one where I blog from) but I would be back for when she got done.  The park is only a few blocks from where we work, so getting back wouldn't be much of a problem.  I got a message back saying that after work she had to go to the DMV to switch some names on titles to cars.  At this point I was under the impression that we will never actually do anything after work and the excuses were just ways of getting out of it.  So I shot her a message saying that if she ever wanted to do something after work, she just needs to tell me when.  I'll be honest, I was starting to get worn down on excuses, but I am sure that part of that is do to with everything that happened with the crazy Canadian, who had excuses and stories for everything.  Not to say Misty was lying about anything, but based on my life experiences to this point, the more the excuses pile up, the less believable the overall narrative gets.

       Friday rolls around and we don't communicate or anything, save for me sending her one message.  While walking to her car on Wednesday she mentioned that everyone in her office complimented her on the flowers, she said they came from her secret admirer, so I sent her a copy of the link in this blog from the end of July and our walk back from the bank together and said that I was really blowing this secret admirer thing, wasn't I?  I haven't heard back about that message, I don't even know if she read the entry on here on not.  But Friday was a normal Friday for me, save for my mind questioning whether or not I did anything right all week long.  Maybe I made a series of mistakes and by keeping my hopes up I was setting myself up for a larger disappointment later on.

      Not sure why but when I woke up on Saturday I was all achy and my throat was sore.  I managed to get myself functional enough to get through my workday, I still hadn't heard anything about my last message to her, which just reaffirmed my thought that I had been wasting my time and the week had been a series of missteps on my part.

      Sunday was no better, though when I first woke up around 4am I felt a little better, probably because I had leftover egg drop soup for dinner the night before and soup is always a good thing when I am sick.  I went back to bed around 6:30 am and when I woke around 9:30 and by going back to sleep my sickness reaffirmed its grip on me.  I managed to make it to the Italian store on the corner, where I picked up some stuff for sandwiches and some stuff for dinner later in this week.  I came back home and sat around for a while then decided to go for my Sunday walk that I try to take most Sundays, I got about two miles in before I decided to stop, the walk was quite nice, the weather was gorgeous but being out was making me feel even worse, so I got home and then walked up the street to CVS and bought some meds in hopes of fighting off whatever it is that has me in its death grip.

      And that is where we are now kids, I have numbed whatever pain that has been inflicted on me with this illness, enough so that I could bang out this entry.  As for what the next week brings, well, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been