Saturday, October 17, 2015

B365V2.142 - Days of our lives

So according to my Facebook newsfeed Friday was supposed to be Boss's Day. Technically as general manager of Smithfield News I guess I can be considered a boss of sorts, yet there was me celebration, I was not showered with gifts or praise for my awesomeness as a boss. Honestly if I were an employee of me, I would think I was pretty cool, but then I would have the same mindset as me the boss, so I imagine I would be pretty easy to work for. I am glad though there were no parties, no cards, it turned out Friday was just an average sort of workday, just the way it should be. I fail to understand the inherent need of some for the continual pat on the back, as though their every action should be congratulated and they should be given a pat on the back for it. Grandparents Day, secretaries day, boss's day, all of this contrived nonsense so a segment of the population can feel good about themselves. Really what is next, participation trophies for breathing? At what point do we stop seeking out kudos for doing that which we should do anyway? Do we need to have a one legged lesbian day? A day for fat kids who love cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been