Saturday, October 17, 2015

B365V2.141 - The loop is staring to feel like a noose

Well, in an effort to keep everyone in the loop about my so called life, as soon as things look up they look back down again.  When we last left off our saga I had walked Misty to her car on Thursday and she said again that she wanted to go out some time this coming week, though there was no date certain set.  Because of how things went the last time you could say I curbed my enthusiasm somewhat.  Don't get me wrong,I would love to go out with her, but I would not be holding breath for it to happen.  Not being pessimistic, more like realistic.  One thing the crazy Canadian incident taught me is don't believe things coming out of the mouths of females.

      Friday comes along and I get a message from my friend Debbie on Facebook, she is bringing her kids to Pittsburgh and she asked if I would be busy.  Given I am running a store with employees dropping like flies from sickness, yeah, I said I was going to be busy.  Apparently she was taking her kids to the Carnegie Science Center, but she wanted to stop by and see me when they were done.  I sad that would be coolish, I still had zoo tickets in my desk for them. Our bank did a sale on them back in March so I bought four, thinking we could all go. I ended up going by myself on a relatively nice Sunday back in spring, but I kept the other three tickets in case they wanted to go at a later date.  So we agree to meet up after I get off of work, around 3 or so.

     This was cool for me because I know Misty works until 4:39, so I could kill some time and offer to walk her to her car again.  All of a sudden I am a guy flush with post work plans, I shoot Misty a message saying I should be around when she gets done if she wants me to walk her to her car.  I don't hear back from her, so much like Thursday I figure everything is cool.  Debbie and I end up talking until about 4:20 or so, I go back into the store to pick up my things and go outside and wait for Misty to get done.  Sure enough, on cue, her and a bunch of co workers come out at 4:30, so I go to meet her and she says that they are all going out for a drink after work.  That's cool and all, but I wish I would have known she had plans ahead of time and I wouldn't have waited around.  I am not even saying I need to know what the plans are, just say there is no need to wait and I will 23 scadoo the idea of waiting around.  Misty says she will call me later on Friday night, and while I have given her my cell number, she has never called me before nor did I expect her to on Friday.  Again not being a pessimist, just being a realist.

     Sure enough I did not receive a phone call, I fell asleep around 11 pm and woke up again around 1 am, when I shot her a quick message saying that if she doesn't feel the same way about me, that was fine I just don't want her agreeing to go out with me out of a sense of obligation or something.  Personally I would rather not go out with someone simply because they feel they have to be there.  So as if this typing I have not heard back but I am betting we will not be going out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been