Sunday, October 4, 2015

B365V2.133 - Weekenders

So, it is Sunday and I decided to take the blog on a little road trip.  Nothing significant mind you, just to Eat N Park in Squirrel Hill.  But I needed to get out of the house, lest I feel all couch potatoey all day long.  Me being stupid yesterday gave me the required motivation to get out.  See, I went into work yesterday and I got a good chunk of everything I needed to get done done.   However I left my cell phone at home, which is an incredibly liberating feeling to not have people call you every second of the day.  Not that my phone rings all the time, but when it does my mental response isn't " Hi" or "Hello" but more along the lines of "Now what?"

So I left my phone at home, and while I was at work I also was trying to see if anyone else wanted to go to the baseball game last night.  Having Brian's tickets meant I had 4 seats, and after hearing back from Misty that Saturday was no good for her, I tried my cousin Bobby to see if he and his wife would like to go, but she was videoing a wedding on Saturday, so they were not available.  I tried one of my former coworkers to see if she would like to take her son to the game, I figured he might not like the game but would like the fireworks display afterward and got no response whatsoever.   Of course waiting around for a non answer put everything in a holding pattern, I didn't want to ask anyone else in case she said yes, but the longer I waited the less of a chance anyone else would get to go.  And the more likely anyone else would go about making their own plans for Saturday.  Not that I got overly upset by the non answer, it is just something I file away for future reference on people to never invite anywhere ever again.

Not that the game was the biggest event, but it was somewhat important to sports fans, with it being possibly the last game AJ Burnett would pitch in a Pirates uniform, plus the Pirates with a win, could clinch home field for the wild card playoff game and did I mention fireworks.  So I could have moved the tickets if I would have received an answer.  Instead I went by myself, with four seats I had plenty of room to sprawl out. I could literally let my fat spill into the neighboring sits and it wouldn't hit anyone.  Because no one goes to the baseball game with the though, "I sure hope someone's fat rubs up against me tonight."

So I went to the game, the Pirates lost 3-1, the first game I have been to this year where they lost.  So they didn't clinch home field, that will come down to today's game, a Pirates win or a Cubs loss and the game will be here, if the reverse happens (a Pirates loss and a Cubs win) the game will be played in Chicago.  I told Misty I would take pictures of the fireworks for her, instead I used my tablet and just shot video, then uploaded it to Facebook via the Pirates Wifi, and tagged her with it.  She seemed to like it, but I am a terrible judge of women, she could just as easily be being polite.  46 years on this planet, and I have no clue when it comes to women.  Maybe I should just be gay instead.  Guys are easy to figure out.  I just am not attracted to them.

None of this has shit to do with my phone however, well I finally got home around 11:30 and saw my phone laying there, I had missed a few calls.  I say missed only because I didn't get them, I had no emotional attachment to them, in that regard I didn't miss them at all.  One was from Ed, he wanted me to fax the schedule down to him so he could get a start on payroll.   That was the reason I got up today, to go into work and fax him the schedule, because life is all about getting paid after all.  I figure I might as well do my managerial duty and facilitate that process for everyone.

My milkshake arrived.  I got it because yesterday was Scratch N Win Saturday at the baseball game as well.   Every who goes gets an Eat N Park scratch card and there are varying prizes, like $1 off an order, or free smiley cookies, or in my case it was I won a free milkshake.  So after faxing the schedule I hopped my bus to Squirrel Hill to cash in my free goodies.  I also got dinner, because I would feel all kinds of guilty to take up a booth and do my blogging that I am doing, and take up the waitresses time all so I could get a free item.  Besides, I have to eat sometime, right?  And unlike last night, there is no one firing hot dogs in my general direction, so I must fend for myself.  I say that because at the game last night, they brought out the hot dog cannon and a hot dog landed about a row behind me.  Now I don't know your personal opinion on flying meat, but I was holding my iPad at the time and iPad > meat projectiles.

I finished my milkshake, then I decided to walk home from Squirrel Hill to work off my new found fat.  I think I did okay on tipping my waitress ($5 on a $13 check, $10 after they deducted my free milkshake) but then I used to wait tables and I know what a shitty existence that can be at an Eat N Park style restaurant, though I worked at Valley Dairy, same shit, different show.   I have covered the "why you should tip" spiel here before, I feel no need to revisit the issue.

The return walk allowed me to stop at my bench and bang out some more words, though I am not sure what words are left.  I did finally finish my book, "Furiously Happy" and that is all I will say about it.  Well that and that it can be found on the bookshelf to the right.  Other than that I will say nothing, because I don't do reviews.  There are certain things people do well, if you want your car fixed, you go to a mechanic, if you want to read a review on a book, there are professional reviewers out there.  If you want someone who specializes in mindless prattling and who promises to never try to fix you car or review anything, then you have come to the right place.

I also took a couple of pictures on the way home, I will try to add them on the bottom of the blog entry when I get home.

I would hang out on the park bench a little longer, but I am being bombarded by gnats right now.  That is no fun, in case you were wondering.
                                            Schenley Park overlook

                                          My squirrelly companion

                                          Playing "Where's Waldo with the squirrel

                                         Sunset over Pittsburgh

                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been