Thursday, October 15, 2015

B365V2.140 - In the loop

Well, I said I would keep you kids in the loop, and so I shall. When last we left off on the little Matt saga I had mentioned that last Thursday I had mentioned to Misty if she did want to go out some time all she had to do was say when, rather than have me get my hopes up only to see them come crashing down again.

As those of us know, Monday was a holiday, or as much of a holiday as Columbus Day can actually be. More like an excuse for some to get another day off, but when you are open 24/7/365 like we are, it's just Monday here. But I knew Misty most likely would be off, which was just as well, I was sick most of the weekend, I doubt I would have been able to go out even if she asked me. I was living off of my AIDS cocktail as I called it, a mixture of headache medicine and CVS brand Dayquil, which I was slamming nonstop for two days straight.

But I am not one for awkward silences either, so Tuesday I shot her a message asking how her weekend was, mentioning that I have been sick and just more mindless chatter than anything else. I did say that I hope I didn't say or do anything to upset her, she messaged back that she was good, her weekend was fine and I said that I was running late at work, so maybe I would see her after work, while I was waiting for my bus, she said that couldn't happen, she had to take her son to a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and then drop him off at his dad's house so she wasn't even at work. See the geography of things is such that I work on the corner of Smithfield Street and Blvd of the Allies, Misty works across the street and down a little ways from my store on Blvd of the Allies, but she usually parks her car in the garage that is cattywampus from my store on the opposite corner of Smithfield and Blvd of the Allies, so when she leaves work I could see her walk up the street to the garage if I so wanted to. She also mentioned that she felt like she was coming down with something, so I said it was good she didn't have to work and carry around my AIDS like cocktail in her bag, because it isn't fun (and it wasn't by the way). Better to stay home and rest up than be in the same position as me.

Wednesday passed in relative silence no communication on either of our parts until late Wednesday night I shot her a quick note asking how she was and hoping I wasn't coming off to clingy. Clingy is a really bad look for me, it's like plaid and pinstripes. So today rolls around and I shoot her another note saying that I can wait and walk her to her car if she wants, so there was no pressure to g anywhere or do anything, just me walking her to her car. I don't hear back, which can happen, after all I get pissed when my employees spend their time pissing around on their phones and I know all about being busy at work, with me I is vendors dropping in unexpectedly or making sure orders get put away right and we had two trucks come in today, plus I placed 4 separate orders, so I know business can get in the way of personal stuff. When I hadn't heard from her by 2pm, I took matters into my own hands and determined I was going to wait for her to get off work, so on my bank run with the daily deposits I stopped by Oliver Flowers and picked up a dozen roses, then got back to the store and busied myself with being busy. I knocked out a couple of new sets of shelf tags and then checked again to see I still hadn't heard back, so I waited until she got done at 4:30. Anyone who would have seen me would have thought I was waiting for my bus, which stops right outside my store (I almost get curbside service from door to door, how lucky am I), and I see her come out of work, so I walk across the street and catch her right on the corner. I give her the flowers and got that awesome smile she has and walked her up to her car in the garage, she told me about taking her one son to his dad's place and trying to get him settled in for school since he would be switching schools and again I did my best to listen and not say anything because I am nervous about blathering too much (couldn't have fooled you the reader, huh?) and not listening enough.

On the way to going to her car she ssaid she still wanted to go out, I said it wasn't a must thing, she didn't have to say that simply because I got her flowers or anything but she insisted that she wants to go out and was suggesting a day next week. Which sounds good to me, like I said before if she wants to do something all she has to do is say so. Not getting my hopes up, but we did part with a nice long hug, I wasn't going to kiss her after being germ infested for days now and her thinking she my already be getting sick. Work is enough of a germ factory these days, I have people dropping like flies, no sense in making things worse.


There, now you know as much as I do, told you I would keep you in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been