Friday, October 23, 2015

B365V2.148 - Rundowns

A quick rundown on this that may or may not have happened over the last week or so.

So it has been almost a week since I heard from Misty across the street from where I work. I get the feeling that she just isn't into me, which I wish if people do feel that way they would just come out and say it rather than beat around the bush about such things. Life would be so much easier if people were honest on that front than if they tried to spare my feelings. Listen I get it, I am not  GQ model material, and as I have come to know most of the women in and around where I work, I fail the desirable man chart simply because I a) don't have drug habit, b) I don't have a criminal record as long as my arm and c) have no desire to get someone pregnant and then leave them to fend for themselves. Why that seems to be the type of guy that women dig, I have no idea I just know it to be true from life experience. And anyone who knows how I think know that why's don't matter to me, why's are just excuses, I just need to know things are the way they are.

Elsewhere, for a brief moment in time chocolate peanut butter milk was a thing. I had heard about it in my travails hither and yon, so I asked if our dairy people had it and they did. So there was me the other night have warm apple pie and a glass of chocolate peanut butter milk for dessert with that kick ass lasagna I made for dinner. Don't laugh, I am a good cook when I put my mind to it. My life is not all about take out, and there will be even less take out if I continue to be insulted by my fortune cookies. The other night I got a cookie that said “he who could take advice is sometimes superior to those who give it.” Just what I need, an inferiority complex from my combo lo mien.

I bitch about my neighbors a lot, because my neighbors are all college kids and I grew out of the get drunk every night phase of my life about 20 years ago. That being said there were some neighbors who really annoyed me, they live a block over on Semple Street and their back balcony can be seen from my doorstep. Every weekend they would come out and through a keg party of some sort (mom and dad should be proud that their money is being spend so frugally) and they would blast their stereo so loud it sounded like it was in my apartment. To make matters worse they would climb out on the balcony and sing along with shitty 80s music like Billy Joel and Cindy Lauper. They weren't good either, they sounded like the people you want to throat punch on Karaoke night. Well as potential luck would have it, there was an armed robbery on Semple Street about a week ago, someone went into an apartment at gun point and took stuff. Now I admit I am a bad person for saying this, but I haven't heard the stereo since and one can only hope that was one of the things that was stolen.

I have mentioned in the past that my boss comes in and puts on Fox News in the morning, so imagine the glee that was taking place when they were carrying the Hillary Clinton testimony in front of Bengazi Committee Version 8.0 at this point. Not sure why people were so gung ho about having this hearing, theyb got nothing in the previous 7 hearings to suggest anything was done wrong and this particular version of the committee was so committed to their task that they couldn't even be bothered to show up for many of their own hearings they called for, unless that hearing involved someone named Clinton and they could get some TV time out of it. They were too busy making gun clubs and wine clubs for their committee members to worry about getting to any sort of truth that may have eluded the previous 7 committees that looked into what happened. Your tax dollars hard at work people.

Okay, I am outtie, like a belly button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been