Saturday, October 3, 2015

B365V2.131 - How it went

So it turns out this was an interesting week to say the least.  The store survived with me in charge for 3 days, despite the issue I had with the credit/debit system not working for almost two days.  But I managed to get that problem fixed, with some help from Verizon and Roth, so I guess it was my trial by fire moment.  Crisis averted so to speak.

We had our return visit from the health department, all good save for a couple of coolers not being up tom temp and the problem with the air conditioner.  But I had called about the air conditioner two days prior, I can't make the maintenance guy come in, all I could do is call him and say the problem still exists, then I shut the unit off until he comes in, just to stop it from leaking into the basement.  One of the collers that wasn't cold enough I also called about a couple of weeks ago, I will have to call them again on Saturday to ask just where the hell they are.  But until they come in I had it empty, so there was no product sitting in it spoiling, the other cooler we are having an issue with is off by one degree, but I could turn it up to make it colder, I just didn't want to freeze the items in it, now I don't care as long as it gets cold enough for the next inspection on Wednesday next week.

That wasn't the big event of the week though, nor was the fact that Brian called me the best employee they have ever had.  Not too shabby, but I downplayed the compliment by saying he was setting the bar pretty low for me. Still the best part of the week happened on Thursday.

I had just left Crazy Mocha after getting my coffee and walked to the corner to cross the street and make my way into work and who should  walk up beside me but Misty.  We did our hellos and what not and went to hug, but she was holding a cigarette and was afraid she would burn me (like I would have felt it, seeing her she could have set me on fire and I wouldn't have felt it)  so we did one of those side by side hug things and I don't know what came over me, but when we did I went ahead and kissed her on her forehead.We walked over to the store, she had to get some cigarettes before her workday got started, I meandered about on the floor for a minute and then went down to the office to do my thing.

Everything went rather smoothly at work, it was Brian's first day back so he had plenty of mail and what not to go through.  but he was pleasantly surprised with how the store looked, I had been pushing people to get things done for the pending health inspection.  Still it was nice that it was noticed.

I got out of work on time for a change (which was a first this week for me)  when I got home and I couldn't get the day out of my head.  So I decided to use my limited internet skill set to see if I could find Misty on Facebook, which I did, so I sent her a friend request which she accepted (yay to that).

I get into work today and things are still moving along nicely, I gave Brian the results of the health inspection, he left Thursday before the inspector came, so I gave him our copy of the report, I sorted out the 5 different orders we had come in, and then I went about the business of doing the paperwork and balancing the previous days books.   I got the sales numbers done and gave them to Brian and he asks me if I want to go to Saturday's baseball game.  Of course I said yes, it's free after all and it is Fireworks night and our seats kick ass for fireworks.  Of course I have four tickets and just me going, so I decided to shoot Misty a message on Facebook to see if she wanted to go.  I figure with the extra tickets if she wants to take her son and her boyfriend, that's cool, as long as the tickets get used.  She can't go, she has plans, but if she were to go she tells me it would just be her and her son, apparently she is single again (on the market is the what she called it, I would shop at that market).  Of course I shot a quick note back saying I was sorry to hear that, hoped she was okay and that some guys are idiots (as some are, statistics prove that fact to be correct).

Oh well, I have to get about the business of finding people to go to the game with.  Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been