Saturday, August 30, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 242 - Halfway through the weekend

  Just hopped on a bus from downtown, headed to Squirrel Hill to continue to enjoy my weekend off.

     It started yesterday with a baseball game, a Friday night tilt between the Pirates and the Reds.  You probably know some of that with the boatload of photos I dropped on the page.  It was quite a game, the Pirates ended up winning 2-1, due in large part to Josh Harrison, who went 3 for 4 with a single, double, and triple, while driving in the thing run and scoring the winning run.   That alone would have been a really good game, but he also made at least four plays in the field that could best be described as stellar.  I had the company's seats for the game, I gave two of them to Stacie at our bank so she could take her boyfriend.  It was just a really good time and an excellent way to kick off the weekend.

     Today it was tickets for college football, Pitt was playing the University of Delaware in their season opener.  Sammy brought his girlfriend's daughter to the game, I used one ticket for myself and managed to sell the other one I had, as well as a parking pass, for $10, so my extra ticket wasn't a complete waste.  We didn't stay for the whole game, there really wasn't much need with Pitt leading 48-0 in the third quarter.  Plus the sun was just beating down of anyone in the stands, so rather than continue to sit there and cook like bacon, we called it an early day.   Now I am off to the Squirrel Cage, as the old video game used to say, "Matt needs food badly."  Plus I need to get next week's bus pass and do a little grocery shopping.

     I have already been to work twice since my weekend started, yesterday after the baseball game I stopped in.  I wasn't planning on working, I left my stuff there rather than lug it to the game, so all I was going to do was pick up my laptop and iPad and go home, but when I got there one of the open air coolers that was supposedly repaired earlier that day was leaking water, so I had to pull it out, only to find that when it was fixed they didn't bother putting the drain back in the drip pan, so water was just draining out onto the floor.  It has been my experience recently that if you want a job where you get paid to do nothing, cooling and refrigeration is a fine vocation to look into.  Your day basically consist of answering service calls and doing just enough of a shitty job so that you get called back to repeat the process. Today I went into work after the Pitt game, just reloaded the lottery machines and pulled out money so the store could repay Ed.  I had paid out a number of lottery tickets the last couple if days, roughly $1700 worth of winners, and usually I will use the lottery money to buy change on the weekend and then pay it back Monday, but with the payouts I had to borrow a grand from Ed for the change.  I got his money back from the instant ticket machines today, so now I just owe lottery money on Monday morning and now two or three different people.

      Made it to the Squirrel Cage and guess what?  For some reason the kitchen is closed until 6 pm, so I am going to break from my normal behavior here and have a beer instead and then go about the business of my grocery shopping.   It is probably just as well, I shouldn't be wasting money eating out, but since I already had a cigarette out and lit I will sit for a minute, smoke, type and drink.

      Okay, I made it home.  Only had one beer, which is actually the first time I had a beer at The Cage (as the locals call it).  Finished my cigarette and tried to pull up the final to the Pitt game on my cell phone but having no luck, so I left and walked down Murray Avenue to Giant Eagle.  They have frozen chicken breasts on sale, $5.97 for a three pound bag, and I got a few other things so that my dried, withered skeleton in not found in my apartment some day.  When I die I will still be fat.

      I got home and finally pulled up the score to the Pitt game on my laptop (Pitt won 62-0) and played a little Marvel Puzzle Quest.   Next I made a couple if turkey sandwiches and reheated the chicken and rice soup I threw together the other night.  See, I really didn't need to spend money eating out, I can cook on occasion.  I got my Coke caps caught up and now I am just resting, thinking about doing laundry but only at the thinking about it stage thus far.

     Still haven't figured out what to do tomorrow, I do have free movie passes from my Coke caps, but it is for two tickets, a large popcorn and two large Cokes.  Not sure I want to expend the energy to find someone to go with.  Who knows, I am sure I will find some way to get into trouble.  I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been