Sunday, August 3, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 215 - There is no escaping it

So I woke up relatively early today, at least early for me on a day off, rising from my peaceful slumber around 8am.  With nothing of note on the agenda I thought I would go grab some breakfast and the set about the business of doing my thing.  But as has been the case most of this summer, Pamela's was out as a breakfast destination because they were once again doing specials with blueberries.  Some variety people, please.  The other issue was that it was storming out, not a loud crashing storm with brilliant flashes of lightning but rather one of those dull, lumbering thunderstorms that doesn't seem all that violent, but doesn't seem like it will go away either.  So I sat I my apartment for a while, playing Marvel Puzzle Quest and hoping the rain would eventually stop.

About 10am I decided that rain or no rain I needed to once again be a viable member of society, so I hopped into the shower and cleaned myself up a bit.  Then I remembered I still had my Christmas gift card to IHOP in my wallet, I had used part of it earlier this year but there was probably a couple of bucks left on it, so why not make use of it today.  I threw some clothes on (public nudity is frowned upon after all) and packed up my backpack with the things I might need, such as a book to read, and invoices for work.

I make my way out of my humble abode and head off to the bus stop, stopping at the gas station to grab a coffee while I wait for my bus to arrive.  My timing was pretty crappy, I didn't check bus schedules before I left and as a result I ended up waiting like 30 minutes before a bus finally came.  It is on occasions like that that I am glad to have packed my book, I got some solid reading in while waiting, and on the bus ride itself as well.

I got to IHOP around 11:30, which turned out to be impeccably bad timing.  Usually I can get in and out of there pretty easily, but today there was a 30 minute wait just to be seated.  By now my book has earned its money's worth on this trip, as I read while I was waiting.  Eventually they did seat me and I got a Colorado omelet (bacon, ham, green peppers, and onions, topped with cheddar cheese and pulled pork) and sat down to some invoices.  I figure as long as I am up I might as well be getting paid, so it became a working breakfast.  I banged out two or three invoices just waiting for my food to arrive and another two while I was eating.

After breakfast I walked down the hill to The Waterfront, I wanted to get the ingredients to make spinach dip again and the deli at work needed stoppers for the sinks, so again I paired a personal trip with work and killed two birds with one stone.  Thankfully everything I needed I was able to find at Target, my desire to run from store to store was pretty much non existent.  I even picked up a little something for later on this month, a plan I am working on that I can't talk about too much here.  All will be revealed in good time, don't worry.

Now I am at home again, after nearly falling asleep on the bus on the way back.  I don't know why, but just being on a bus, or in a car for that matter, I can get sleepy pretty quickly. I am sure getting up early didn't help matters in that regard.  Anyway, I have my Pandora station on and I probably should finish the invoices I started at breakfast.  After that I may sort through a giant pile of shelf tags so I can cut it down from every item Sledd carries to just the ones I need for my store.  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been