Thursday, August 7, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 219 - I've got three weeks

     I got a pleasant surprise at work today.  I believe I have mentioned before that Brian has season tickets for the Pittsburgh Pirates, not a full season ticket plan, rather his is just for home games on weekends (Fri, Sat and Sun), so while there are 81 home games in a baseball season, he probably has tickets to 18-20 of them.  The other day when I was at the bank one of the people we work with there, Denise, asked me if she might be able to buy tickets from us, she was looking for two tickets to a game for her husband for his birthday and was willing to buy them from us.  Because Brian doesn't go to all of the games that he has tickets for, I thought I would check and see if the game she was looking for was available and, if so, if Brian or Ed would want to sell them.

     As it turned out the tickets for the game in question were taken, but Ed asked if there were any other games she might be interested in and said that because of the work she does for us at the bank, don't even worry about selling them, just have her pick a game and we will give her the tickets, 4 in all plus a parking pass.  So today Brian brings in the sets of tickets he has for the remaining games and Ed calls Denise at the bank and goes over the dates and just tells her to pick one, then I would drop the tickets off when I went to do the store deposits later on.  After going through the remaining dates Denise picks one, so there were roughly 5 sets of tickets left on Ed's desk, tickets for other games that Brian hasn't used yet nor has either he or Ed given them away.  Ed looks at me and says, "Pick a game."  So apparently now I am going to a game, I picked August 29th, a Friday.  Now I just have three weeks to find three other people to go.  Any suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been