Saturday, August 16, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 228 - Ferguson

      I doubt I am going to be liked much for what I am about to write, but if I was doing this to be liked, well, I would have stopped along time ago I suppose.

      I'll admit that I do not know all of the details about what happened in Ferguson, MO the night that Michael Brown was shot and killed by a police officer.  What has been made apparent so far is that on August 9th Michael Brown had apparently robbed a local convenience store, stealing some cigarillos from the counter and physically assaulting one of the employees there who tried to stop him.  Later on Brown and one of his friends would have an encounter with officer Darren Wilson.  At the time of the encounter Wilson was unaware of the burglary of the convenience store, nonetheless some type of altercation happened with differing accounts of who was the aggressor, but the result was that Officer Wilson ended up shooting and killing Brown. 

     To say what happened was justice would be to do a disservice to the word, Brown was not armed and even had Officer Wilson known of the burglary prior to their encounter, it still would not be appropriate to shoot and kill an unarmed man over what amounts to a petty theft.  So no, I don't subscribe to the idea that what happened in Ferguson that day was justice, I just call it karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been