Saturday, August 9, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 221 - The late show

     After having a longer work day than expected (9 1/2 hours) I am hoping I can keep my eyes open long enough to stay up most of the night,  Rumor has it that this weekend is supposed to be good for for viewing the Perseid meteor shower.  The best time is supposed to be between the 10th and the 13th and since I am not scheduled at work on Sunday morning, I want to venture out and see if I can't see some things. 

     Of course seeing things in the city can be problematic at best, the city lights have a tendency of washing out the night sky, so my play is to go up to the overlook in Schenley Park and just lay down on the hillside and wait.  Staring into the sky at night has this tendency of making my life and its problems seem small and insignificant by comparison to the vastness my eyes are taking in.  It is a good way to keep myself grounded, and I haven't done it in so long that perhaps it is overdue on my part.  Not sure what time I will head out, it is supposed to look best right before dawn, but if I go out earlier I can grab a coffee before the corner store closes (2am) and take it with me.  Plans, glorious plans.

    For now though I think I am just going to relax and take it easy for a bit, it was a busy day at work (for me at least) and relaxing seems to be called for right about now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been