Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 224 - In the dark

     I am sitting in my apartment, enjoying some unexpected peace and quiet.  I left work around 4:30 pm and what should have been maybe a ten minute bus ride turned into a one hour sojourn.  Normally when traffic is backed up to such a degree you expect to see an accident or something, but as I was standing on the bus (SRO on the 65 Squirrel Hill) we just kept creeping along.  Traffic was slowing down as early as Duquesne University and by the Birmingham Bridge it was at a crawl.

     As we creeped along though there was no accident to be seen, just endless creepage, which while it may be a career accomplishment for a member of TLC, it is just the epitome of suck when used to describe traveling on a PAT bus.

     It wasn't until the bus actually got to my bus stop that I found put what the issue was and why traffic was moving so slowly, the traffic light at my bus stop and the one a block away were both out.  Given that I live relatively close to my bus stop that means my power is out as well, #ThirdWorldOakland if you wish.  I can't, I don't have electricity.  Instead I think I am just going to forage for food and remember the good days of lights and running water.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been