Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 217 - Trying to stay on my best behavior

     I did it.  I made it through a day without going to the bar after work  A polite golf clap might be called for here. 
     I haven't turned into an alcoholic, at least not yet.  I am not consuming booze simply to escape the pain of life or any such nonsense.  Really the only reason I have been going more frequently is that my local watering hole has hired an attractive bartender.  (Editors note:  I have no idea if I should say bartender or barmaid at this point, I don't know if bartender is gender specific, or if saying barmaid might be demeaning to women.  Political correctness annoys the fuck out of me.  End rant.)
     I am not even sure why I go, it is not like I would ask her out (it violates the age rule I mentioned a few blogs back), so really all it is doing is costing me money.  She is nice and we have talked a little bit, but by the same token, if I am behind a bar I better be talking to everyone there to a certain degree, my money (tips) may depend on me showing them a requisite amount of attention.
    So for the last couple of weeks I have been poking my head in more often than not, some days I will go and shoot pool, or play the poker machines, or sit at the bar and either eat (they don't have a kitchen, so I usually grab a sandwich from some place and take it in with me) or do paperwork, like invoices or work on my ordering for the store.  If I step outside myself for a second and just look at what I am doing, I would say my behavior borders on pathetic.  I mean, let's be honest, if they hadn't recently hired her, chances are I wouldn't be going nearly as much.  While I do have more disposable income since my promotion in June, I am not sure the best new expenditure I can have is to sit on a bar stool simply because a bartender, who I will never even think of approaching, is attractive.  Maybe this is what they mean by sex sells.  Or maybe I really am pathetic.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been