Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 137 - You are on the clock.

Let the countdown begin.  This is the first of possibly many warnings for you to get your shopping done now.  It seems that as of today my birthday is now one month away,  the big 42, which I imagine is a lot like 41, but I will learn more about that in 30 days or so. And the planning has already begun.

I have been spreading the word at work that, well, they too have 30 shopping days left.  And as luck would have it my birthday this year comes on a Saturday.  Saturdays for me usually consist of a pretty easy day at work, juts a quick pop in to do an order for Monday.  Maybe two hours tops.  So Saturdays have become one of my potential breakfast days, and that particular Saturday will be no exception.  There will be breakfast and it will be glorious.  And not just any breakfast, it will be a Sundae Saturday at Deluca's, meaning if you come to breakfast with me, you have to have one of the pancake/waffle sundaes in lieu of a normal breakfast.  Ed has already said he would pay for it, though I doubt I will be able to talk him into the unhealthy indulgence that is going to take place.  Sammy is on board, he will be there.  I have selected the Granny Smith Apple sundae (yes I pre plan things, including breakfast a month from now) with the cinnamon bun hotcakes and vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce and apples.  I am hungry just thinking about it.  I haven't signed anyone else up to go yet, though there are a few people who have expressed interest.

I haven't decided what else to do for my birthday yet, but I want it to be a good kickoff to the summer season.  No more Summers of Suck for me.  We did that tour of duty last year and I have no desire to repeat it.  I know that Cinema in the Park starts in early June, and I have picnic basket that I haven't used yet, it might be time for some movie camp outs in Schenley Park.  Or bust out my baby grill and see if I can't get a good meatatarian thing going this summer.  I can't really determine what all the month long extravaganza willl entail (though grilling is subject to it not raining for a change).  I just know it is going to be a blast, because I refuse to let it be anything else.

4 comments:

  1. Matt, if I lived anywhere in the close area, I would join you for Sundae Saturday, although i likely would not eat that since even reading it sounds like a diabetic coma...but I'd drool and if I knew you better would maybe even ask for a bite 9and use my own fork!). But...yea 1 month...start planning, why not? You know how I do things. I suggest you even name your birthday extravaganza, even if you only plan to celebrate for one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that's some forward planning....deciding on your breakfast a month in advance! it all sounds like a heart attack on a plate to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I used to drop hints about 30 days out too. I just decided however after still getting golf shirts and ties that I was better off just having a good meal with friends, family too.

    Wish I could join you for that pancake extravagance but I'm not sure I can wrap my mind around a pancake sundae... what they put ice cream on pancakes for breakfast? You would be happy to discover that Denny's restaurants in our area recently came out with a bacon ice cream sundae.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the old adage goes, the only thing better than bacon is bacon wrapped in bacon. Honestly I was skeptical of the whole breakfast sundae thing when I first saw it on the Deluca's menu, but after sampling a couple of them (banana splint, funky monkey), they are actually quite delish. In theory ice cream on a waffle isn't that much different than in say, a waffle cone. The only thing I wasn't sure about was how the melted ice cream would go with the pancakes/waffles and it turns out they go very well together. Still I save the sundaes for special occasions, I couldn't eat them for breakfast every week and they have too many good items on the menu for me to stick to just the ice cream items anyway, but they are definitely a nice treat.. Tack on a few cups of coffee and I have my sugar, caffiene buzz all locked and loaded for the day.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been