Friday, May 13, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 132 - My other brother Darrell or Return of the Matt

Yes kids, I have gone all kinds of Bullwinkle and Rocky on this entry's title.  Truth be told, I had no idea what I would write, I sat around the house contemplating what would be the next entry.  Still stumped I went back and read old blog entries (and realized I was funnier then) and did everything I could to come up for inspiration.  But since none was forthcoming, I decided to get ice cream instead.  Maybe there was magic in that old silk hat they found, or maybe it was the pint of Java Mashup, but I am back, with a story to tell.  Check that, an update on a story that turns into a story.  Got that?  Good, you'll need it.

Remember a few entries back I was all kind of "what should i say and what shouldn't I say" and then "what should I do and what shouldn't I do"?  You know, that kind of indecisiveness that makes me sound like a fucking pansy.  Well, he's gone.  Sorry you all didn't get to say goodbye.

But when our story left off, I had sent a message saying basically that I would like to get to know a person I had been chatting with better.  Now as we all know, there is only so much you can believe when it comes to web profiles and what not.  For those that think otherwise, I look just like Matt Damon.  In case you were wondering.  Anyway, since this particular female and I (at least I assume it was a female, but again can't be too sure)  chatted a few times and I saw a number of photos that she had, all of the same person, while my guard wasn't completely down, it might have admittedly buckled a bit.

But after saying that I hoped to get to know her better, because I realized that I did know literally almost nothing about her, I thought worst case scenario she would say thanks but no thanks.  So I wait a day, don't hear anything.  Not a problem, we might just be running on differing schedules, after all, I don't even know what she does, if anything at all.  Two days, still nothing.  We can do that cartoon graphic now if you want, where the days fall off of the calendar if you'd like, but I'd rather just continue with the story if that is okay.  Suffice it to say a week passes, there are times where we are online at the same time, but I don't want to say anything because I would like to think I had left that ball in her court.  But after 7 days without even a simple, "leave me the fuck alone" for a response, I felt it was time to break the ice and see what happens, so I send a simple message "hey boss, what's up".  For those that don't know me, I do use the word boss alot as a polite form of greeting, I call everyone boss.  It is one of my quirks, but I can live with it.

Anyway, again no response.  So I am basically like fuck this, I have better things to do with my time.  If the only time I am going to get a response from someone is when I say "Hey, nice tits" then maybe it is an avenue better left unexplored.  But then the funniest thing happened, before I could even have time to ruminate over my decision and second, third and fourth guess my course of action, enter that little lady called luck.  Not only did she kiss my ass, but I think she gave me a rim job while she was back there.

See, the next day I am online, I had just gotten home from work and logged into Facebook, when I saw an update from one Darrell Harmon.  If you are wondering why you never heard of Darrell, it is because I have almost never heard of Darrell.  He and I went to the same high school, different years though and somehow or another we ended up on each other's friends lists.  That would be odd enough, but I have almost 900 friends on Facebook, due to the different apps and games I play, so even if someone is there, I can go weeks before seeing or reading an update from some of them, especially when they don't post all that much.  Darrell and I have said maybe 10-20 words to each other in the course of our existence and I can honestly say I can't recall any of them.  Yet on this particular day, at this particular time he is on my update page.  Not only is he there, but he is sharing a link to another Facebook photo album.  It was the photo that was surprising, it showed an attractive blond sitting on the floor in a beige dress in front of a laptop.  And the face was strikingly familiar.  A little too much, so I followed the link.  It was for a female who lives in Germany, while the person I had been chatting with apparently lives in Virginia.  So I doubt they are the same person.  But then I got to clicking through some photos.  I see her skirt or skort or whatever the hell it is the kids are calling it these days, and it is a lot like one I had seen the person I was allegedly chatting with in another photo.  Then I see a pose in a chair and the chair is the same as I had seen in another photo elsewhere.  But the kicker kids, well that would be this.  The first would be this, one of the photos on the profile I had originally viewed.

 

Okay, now this would be the one that I found in the album Darrell linked to

 

 

Now really kids?  What would be the odds that they are two different people?  Hell, what were the odds that I would stumble across this a mere day after I had pretty much written this whole thing off?  I realize that there are times in this blog where I crack down on conspiracies and scams, but fuck, I wasn't even looking and I stumbled into one.  Now perhaps one of these ladies is the proper owner of these photos and the other just stole them, or maybe neither one is and they just stumbled across the same trove of pics and opted to adopt differing shots of the same female for their profiles.  I don't know, and honestly I don't care.  It's not one of those puzzles that I feel an incredible urge to solve.  If someone else wishes to, great, but my calendar is pretty full now, so thanks but no thanks.  I am just thankful I got away when I did.  If some things had gone differently I might have been sucked into a web of lies and deceit, instead I sit here on a Friday night, blogging to you and eating my Java Mash ice cream, and smile inside that I have the opportunity to do so. 

There, story told, now I got things to do and a blog to post, so good night.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. twins separated at birth? :-p love your work Mr Damon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just surprised how I dumb lucked my way into it all. I couldn't have found a more obtuse way of learned what I did if I had sat around and thought about for days ahead of time. This could be one of those dreaded aemoba splitting terrorists though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the coincidence was just truly bizzare! I suppose I should just confess now... the avatar I use isn't really me

    ReplyDelete
  4. So then if I say "hey, nice tits". those tits actually belong to someone else?

    ReplyDelete
  5. well crap neither of my avatars actually have tits.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. But see, it works, you replied, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been