Saturday, May 14, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 133 - Wilder moment

Just thought I would write a little while I have some french fries in the oven. Yes I am once again attempting dinner, late because my stomach was full most of the day. Sammy and I hit Deluca's for breakfast, the first time in better than a month he and I have broken bread together. Technically it was his turn to buy in our rotation of alternate buying, but since he was a little short on cash I originally offered to buy this time. It was like pulling teeth trying to get him to accept, but when Ed found out we were going to breakfast, he just gave me the money to buy it out of his pocket. Knowing that by Ed buying it and that our rotation remained intact, Sammy was a more willing participant in breakfast festivities.

But before we left work yesterday, Clare had overheard Sammy and I talking about breakfast and she said she wanted to go also. Now we have been down this path before in the blog, Clare says she wants to go but come time to actually go she is nowhere to be found, so I put little faith in her going this time either.

So I get home last nite,. do all of the things you ready about inyesterday's entry, including coming up with a fine story for all ypu kiddies to tell your kiddies some day, and somewhere around 2am I put my head on a pillow, knowing full well that I would have to be downtown to meet Sammy at 6:30am.

So I sleep, perchance to dream, perchance to enter into some fucked up thinking process. I can't recall much of the dream, only the tail end of it, and that was meeting an evil man who was a cross between Gene Wilder in Willie Wonka and a psychotic clown. Some messed up stuff right there. Then I heard an alarm in the background going off and it took me a while to realize that the alarm was actually my alarm clock going off.

Two things about me and my alarm clock, it is set early so that I might actually be awake at the appropriate time, right now it is up to 3 hours early, the thinking being 1) i will hit the snooze at least once and 2) the required math of figuring out the actual time will force my brain to function enough that I will have to wake up.

So my alarm goes off and I have bad time depth perception between how much of it was in my dream and how much was me being aware it was my actual alarm.. But my clock is saying 8:30am, so I am in panic mode, thinking that I am late and Sammy will kill me when I get there. See, my brain hadn't gotten to higher level math functions yet, so i thought 8:30 minus three hours was 6:30, the time I was supposed to meet Sammy, and not an hour before then. So I am scrambling about the place, trying to find clothes, already dreading running to the bus stop when after about 15 minutes of this chaotic behavior my mind decide to work in a more normal fashion and I realized I had an hour to work with. So I instead climbed into the shower, actually cleaned myself up a tad, got out the door and downtown with 10 minutes to spare.

So I meet up with Sammy downtown and just as I suspected, no Clare. Like I said before in the blog, after the last time when she didn't even answer her phone, I don't wait around. We stayed until the 6:30 agreed upon meet up time then left. If you aren't on board, the breakfast train leaves without you.

And what an awesome breakfast it was. Sammy got the bionic omelet (an omelet made with 6 eggs, plus lots of goodies in it), I went with the country chicken and eggs and awesomely enough the chicken wasn't breaded, and the sausage gravy was to die for. Absolute deliciousness, and I am not normally a fan of sausage gravy. Toss in a couple of eggs and some home fries and my stomach has been full for most of the day. I am sure the 6 cups of coffee didn't hurt either.

Anyway, after that it was just the typical saturday stuff, some time at work and some grocery shopping I have been in the house putzing around the rest of the day, and will probably do more of the same tomorrow. But for now, just a copy and paste and I am poutr of here, want to spend a little time on Facebook working on my Madden team tonight if I can. I know, I am still the social butterfly you all envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been