Sunday, May 15, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 134 - All domesticky and stuff

I had some not big, but at least decent plans for today. And then I threw them all away in a spew of domesticity. Now I know that since I live by myself, a certain amount of that has to be expected, after all if I don't do it, who will? But a typical Sunday for me would be sleeping in first, sometimes till as late as 9am. That would be followed by me throwing on some clothes and trudging to the corner store for coffee and then coming back to hop on Facebook and what not. Around 10am maybe watch Meet the Press and then do nothing for the rest of the day. Today I broke with that a bit, actually waking up at 5:30am, running to the store for smokes and syrup, coming home and making pancakes for breakfast (which I never do on weekends, if I eat breakfast it is out someplace), did a little cleaning, baked brownies, and eventually even threw together a respectable dinner (rigatoni and meatballs).

But despite all of that I don't really have much to talk about. I did do the Sunday ritual of watching Meet the Press, Newt Gingrich was on and he was decent enough. I wouldn't vote for him, but he at least came across decently enough.

One of the potential Republican candidates, Mike Huckabee, pulled his name from consideration on Saturday. Huckabee's okay, I like him, just disagree with him on a lot of things. He is a guy I wouldn't mind seeing as the loyal opposition as it were. But he is off the table, and I am not all that impressed with the remaining Republican field. I guess my favorite out of the remainders would be Gov Daniels, but then I like the geeky, policy sort. Not sure if he is electable or not. That will be determined at a later date, probably in Republican primaries, and since I am a registered Democrat, I will not partake in that process. But I think I will save the politics for another time, after all, i still have almost two thirds of a year to go in this project, can't use all of my material in one night. So instead I will just stop, maybe take a breather and try to map out what I want to put on the page next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been