Monday, August 29, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 239 - 3 down, 1 to go

 

Where were we? I am not even sure anymore, I just know that I have 6 more work days until I take a paid vacation day. Not that I need a vacation day mind you, but it will be good to wake up next Wednesday and not have to be at work. Yeah, I am burning one of my 7 days just for me. No real plans, I may take in lunch with a friend but beyond that it will just be a lazy day for me.


Not much of real import has happened since I blogged about my actual life, and maybe that is just as well. I did do a couple more fantasy football drafts, though only one by choice. I was invited to a league, but there are only 6 teams in the league so if you were in that particular grouping and came out with a team you didn't like all I can say is that it is all on you. I walked out of that draft with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Plus it is a PPR league (points per reception) and I managed to snag running backs that kill in that category, three of them had over 50 catches last year and a 4th had 48 while splitting time, an issue he will not have this year as the guy he split with is no longer on the roster. The other draft really wasn't. I signed up for it only because I got 22 Swagbucks for doing so, I was going to take the draft semi seriously, but found out I was drafting 11th out of 12 teams. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, I have had success in the past drafting late but while it was a live online draft, nobody showed up, so each pick was taking the full minute and a half before the autopicker made the selection for the absent owner. I had no desire for a fourth team to begin with and the idea I was going to sit around and wait on picks half the night just made me turn right around and walk out of the draft. I got my Swagbucks, that's all I cared about in that one anyway. Now just one draft to go, this Saturday and it is the biggie, the return of the Uncle Jimmy's draft that I have been in for years now. As an added bonus it looks like we will be playing for cash this year, a $20 buy in and it sounds like it will be winner take all. Because it was a late suggestion to the league, it will not be a mandatory buy in, but if you do not buy in then you can't win any money. The highest placing team of those that buy in gets the cash. Of course I am all kinda down with that. As an added bonus, it looks like I will be nominated treasurer. What role haven't I done in this league? Way back in the day (before the internet became way cool) I was the stat guy, pouring over copies of the USA Today doing all of the numbers for the league, then I ran the league as commissioner for a decent number of years, now I am being selected as treasurer. In an odd twist, when I was commissioner, I had George handle the treasurer duties, now he is commissioner and it looks like I am treasurer.


Sadly, other than that not much has been happening here of late. And I really don't have the energy to come up with another long rant about semen and mental disorders so I think I am going to call it a night.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so tired I can't think straight. I was suppose to have a draft tonight but since half the people drafting don't have electricity yet it was changed to Labor Day evening

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been