Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 227 - TITIT #16

So as I hopped onto my homepage today I looked to the bottom left hand corner, where the updates for People.com are located and I was greeted with the headline that once again Kevin Federline is a dad. Yes, that is now kid #5 by three different women. The dude is a walking Jerry Springer show and just more proof that Darwin was wrong, all wrong.

I guess with that I must be doing another TITIT blog, which is fine, I haven't done one of those in a while and honestly I am again tired of talking about myself. So maybe I will have more fun talking about other people, we shall see.

With 42 games remaining in the baseball season the Pittsburgh Pirates are on the verge of consecutive losing season #19, sitting at 57-63 with 42 games remaining. Sure, they could go on a mini tear and make up that ground to finish at or above .500, but since the end of July when their record sat at 54-53 they have went 3-11. So what to make of this season? Certainly it was nice to see them competitive into late July, and the team didn't give away too much at the trade deadline, but part of this is still a little smoke and mirrors. Only 4 teams in major league baseball sport a lower batting average, and only 5 have hit fewer homeruns, so while the pitching staff has posted a very respectable 3.67 ERA at the end of day if you can't score runs (4th worst in MLB in that category) and you give away outs (5th most errors in MLB) you just can't win.

Rick Perry has thrown his hat into the ring to be the Republican nominee for President of the United States. On one hand he scares me, his insistence on having "prayer-ins" during times of crisis strikes me as a throwing up of hands rather than actually addressing problems. Then again maybe they work, after all it landed him in a million dollar a month rental mansion in Texas (at taxpayer expense) while the governor's mansion is in the process of being restored due to a fire in 2008. Wonder how that prayer thing works for lottery tickets?

 

I am loving reading my old status updates on Facebook. It brought a smile to my face to read the following today from two years ago,

"Went to breakfast and grocery shopping afterward. Saw Cyril Wecht in Giant Eagle but I didn't look in his cart to see if he picked up a can of whoop ass for Mary Beth Buchanan." Those that are local political junkies will get that reference. For the rest of you I am sorry.

The reality show "Kate + 8" has been cancelled. Originally the show was titled "John and Kate + 8" but a subsequent divorce resulted in the changing of the title. Still I never got the fascination of a reality show based solely on a person's ability to reproduce. Then again I guess we are only 3 kids away from Kevin Federline's next reality show.

2 comments:

  1. the prayer in bs scares the hell out of me. A prime example happened last week. In Washington State a 12 year old boy got caught in a rip current. He was drowning. The church group he was with the adults joined together and started to pray for him. Meanwhile, a 12 year old girl saw him in trouble and went into the water with her kick board and tried to save him. When rescue arrived a wave washed them both off the kick board and she couldn't find him. Rescuers found him and revived him. He lived. Not because of the group of adults on the leach who joined together in prayer while a child was drowning, but because a kid entered the water and did something. There is a saying the good Lord only helps those who help themselves. Praying over a disaster does nothing to stop the issue, only makes people think they have done something miraculous because others step forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mentioned the old status...mine yesterday was from 2009 read 'Hint of Jalapeno tortilla scoops are not an acceptable breakfast, clearly I need to go grocery shopping' or something along those lines. Good to see I still eat like that lol.

    And I can't believe any woman would choose to procreate with Kevin Federline. he just looks so dirty and gross to me.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been