Friday, August 12, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 223 - Breakfast Rex

 

Not much to report today. On the plus side only one more day until I finally see a day off. On the minus side it was again a day where it felt like I made absolutely no progress whatsoever. I am actually looking forward to tomorrow because it will be the one day in the last few where I can go in and just focus on the things that I want to get done and not worry about being pulled in 6 different directions. And of course it will all start with a sundae from Deluca's, which is where any good day should start.


I do have an extra project or two I hope to get to, one of which is reorganizing the upstairs stock room at Universal, but that is going to be dependent on Hollywood as to whether I will get to it. The city is still in semi lockdown with the filming of the most recent Batman movie (script titled Magnus Rex or those who like useless trivia), with some streets being closed and others having limited access throughout the course of the day. On Saturday they will have the majority of Smithfield Street closed for filming, and given I work at Smithfield News, well you can put one and one together and see where we might have a potential problem with #2. For the record, I have not seen the new Batmobile, or really anything involved with the movie, save for a brief glimpse of a couple of tricked out trucks today.


As I was getting off of work, I went outside to catch my bus and they were blocking traffic off and on, a couple minutes at a time, while they shot a car chase scene a couple of blocks away. While I couldn't run down the street and get a close up of all the action, not that I wanted to anyway, but that area was cordoned off, so all I could get was a partial glimpse from afar. So if you are expecting a great Batman spoiler from me, here it is, at one point in the movie at least two trucks make a left turn off of 3rd Avenue onto Smithfield Street.


All I know is the taping was keeping me from getting home from work, that is the only thing that was important to me. The need for a post work beer or three far outweighed the need to crane my neck in such a fashion that I might get an extra special glimpse of something that, by itself, would have made no sense to me anyway. Maybe when the movie is released and I can see how the scenes are put together I can say, “Hey, during that shot I was standing a block and a half away waiting for a bus.”


For now though, the movie is just a minor inconvenience for me, delaying a bus here or there. But if it gets in the way of me getting to breakfast in the morning, well then there might be a second villain in Magnus Rex and I am not sure there is anything in that there utility belt that can protect the caped crusader from a Deluca deprived newsstand employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been