Monday, August 15, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 226 - Monday, Monday

It was good while it lasted. My day off that is. I can honestly say I did nothing and was pretty damn proud of it. Well other than my football draft, but that really wasn't work, especially with as little prep as I put into it.

But today was another day back at work. On the plus side at least there is no Batman filming downtown until the weekend, so getting around town should be relatively easy. On the bad side was the fact that Ed stopped in sometime Saturday after I had left and he was none too pleased. I am not sure what exactly set him off, though I think it was equal parts the store (and some of the employees) and the filming, which had interrupted business for a time Saturday night. Apparently they asked Ed to lock one of the entrances for a time so that had him peeved as well.

And any time Ed gets upset at work I can pretty much expect that I am going to catch at least part of it the next time I see him. And I was not disappointed in my expectations, as soon as I saw him this morning I was in trouble for there being a cooler where none of the items had price tags. All of the items were in the register system (save for one) but because the customer couldn't see the price I got hit with it, even though I order nothing that actually goes in that cooler. But since I had expected I would hear it for some reason, I just took it for what it was, fixed the problem and got back to my job, which again ended up being more secretary than anything else. Part of my day was spent looking up the phone number for the local Department of Justice office, then the local Schwebel's rep and finally I was tasked with finding a used safe for Ed for his pawnshop project he is working on. He asked one of his contacts to see what they could come up with, the best they could do so far was a used model, not unlike the one we have in our office, and the cost was $2200. Admittedly I thought the price was high, but I know so little about safes that it could be the current going market value and I wouldn't have been any wiser. But since I was tasked with this new project, first I tried looking at used models, most of the ones I saw were around the same size (or smaller) than the one in the office or they were on eBay and I wasn't comfortable with the dealers. So I went ahead and decided to see what I could find along the lines of new models and I found a place in Florida that was selling an almost 6 ft tall safe, definitely bigger than the one in the office and it also fit Ed's definitions in that it was heavy (almost 1000 pounds), fire proof (up to 2 hours) and was $400 cheaper than the price quoted to him by his contact for a used model that was much smaller and, well, used. And the company in Florida is offering free shipping as well, which on a thousand pound item isn't a small thing. So I asked Ed, how much do you want to spend? And he starts acting like I am a vendor, saying he isn't going to tell me a price (he does that a lot with vendors when they ask that question) so I had to turn it back and be all used car salesman on him, adopting the attitude of "what can we do to put you in this safe today", if for no other reason than so I could have this task off of my desk and be about other things. I did a good enough job that he asked me to print up the listing, which I did and gave him the contact number, so hopefully my work on that project is now done.

There were a couple of pluses today. Sammy said that we are going to Deluca's again on Saturday, I don't know if I will take any breakfast pics or not, since I did last time and heard nary a peep here (though I did get a few comments on Facebook) on my Reese Peanut Butter Cup sundae and I did get my most recent Amazon gift card from Swagbucks, so I may have to go about buying more music for work at some point. I have been making a list of songs that I want as I hear them on Pandora or 977music, so I don't gte to Amazon and have a brain cramp as to what I should buy. I have 4 songs selected so far, though after seeing this on Goodstuff's page, I can guarantee this will be one song that I will not be purchasing.

 

3 comments:

  1. Did I fail to comment on your pics? If so its beecause I was at my familys home all weekend and dealing with no moments alone. I do recall pulling up your blog and reaading my dad a. Description of both your breakjfats and we salivated together

    Ok, crackng up at your 'what can we do to out you into a safe today' analogy. Left a mental image of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because we don't have enough of this on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. iam proud of you that you enjoyed your day off.. wink!

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been