Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 233 - Nappage

That was an awesome nap. It is not often I say that, even though I pretty much nap every day. By nature I am not a morning person, it is one of the few things about my job that I don't particularly care for. Showing up for 7am does have its bonuses, like most days when I get off there is still enough left time left in the day to go run an errand or two if need be, but other than that I am just not a morning person. Most days see me getting a cup of coffee from the corner store next to my bus stop, not because I have a huge love of coffee, but because it is my effort to make sure my eyes stay sufficiently propped open for the next 10 hours or so. But by the time I get home I end up taking a smallish nap most days and then being up until some god forsaken hour, like 2am, and then falling asleep until 5am or so.

Except today. I don't think there was anything smallish about the nap I just woke up from. Given I say just woke up and I am typing this at 11pm, I think you get the gist of where this is going. I stumbled in from work around 4pm, with a meatball sandwich in hand that was going to be dinner. I sat down and actually clicked on the TV for a few moments, Judge Judy was on (groan) so I ended up turning the TV off, lest I be inundated with useless earthquake coverage. Useless because I don't need to hear man on the street interviews from the likes of Betty from Crafton telling me how she felt the earth move, when other than that literally nothing else came from the event locally. No property damage, no deaths, no injuries, the whole event was akin to the planet passing gas locally and didn't require live, breaking, team coverage with a bunch of reporters wasting time on what was in essence a non event. So I instead turned on the radio and laid down to poke away on the laptop and fell asleep. At 5pm, which is fine, it is about the time I would normally nap, it was the fact I slept for almost 6 hours that made the nap so good. I am actually waking up feeling quite refreshed. Of course the fact I am waking up refreshed at 11pm at night can only mean one thing, I will be up half the night again.

9 comments:

  1. I feel asleep around 11..but have been awake since 4:15 now....the alarms set for 7...yawnnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd consider a 6 hour nap a full nights sleep. I'm certain today is going to be rough on you!! That feeling of being refreshed is so perfect...Its been ages since I woke up feeling that way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on not being a morning person. I also grab coffee to shake out the cobwebs. I usually don't take a nap though because I have a hard enough time falling asleep at night. If I take a nap there will be no sleeping at night

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I didn't sleep last night, after I woke up I was up for the duration. Hopped in the shower around 5am, was out getting my coffee by 6am and at work by 6:45. Now to keep from falling asleep this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had I known you were up I would have stopped by, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep busy. I don't recommend coffee now. It will only make you an awake tired person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it is 10:30 and I am still up, but part of that is due to a bar run.

    ReplyDelete
  8. any dancing with lesbians or a quiet night

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm averaging about 16 hours a day of sleep at the moment hehe

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been