Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 88 - Divided we fall

      I was checking out videos on Youtube the other day, old music videos to be precise, when I decided to check on an old favorite band of mine, Gene Loves Jezebel.  All of their good music occurred in the late 80s-early 90s, but while I was watching one of their videos (I think it was "Suspicion") I noticed under the Youtube video box that Gene Loves Jezebel would be playing in Pittsburgh on April 2nd at the Hard Rock Cafe.  Now I think we can all admit that I am not one of those early adopter type people so it should come as no shock that despite being here for a few years now, I have yet to visit the Hard Rock Cafe.  I guess it is just the mentality that when they start popping up like McDonald's franchises, one has to wonder just how special an actual Hard Rock experience could be.  But this was a chance to see a favorite band and do the Hard Rock thing at the same time, I could kill two birds with one stone, if I were the bird killing sort (I am when it comes to chicken).

The thing is, I had thought the band broke up, so were they doing a reunion tour, or was it going to be something like Foghat, who are relegated to playing county fairs in hopes that someone may remember they had a song right around the time indoor plumbing became all the rage.  If only it could have been so Foghat simple.

The band did indeed breakup, with both bands claiming to be Gene Loves Jezebel, which made everything quite confusing for a while.  So legal papers were filed, both in the states and in Europe and the fall out  is such that one of the bands can be called Gene Loves Jezebel in the United States, but not overseas, and the other band can use the name overseas but not in the United States.  My mind flashed back to Godzilla vs. King Kong.  For those that don't know what happened, there were two movies made, a Japanese movie where Godzilla won and an American version where King Kong won.  What was most memorable about those movies was, well nothing.  They both sucked more ass than someone running a vacuum cleaner over Rosanne Arnold's backside.

Suffice it to say, birds will not be killed, stones will not be thrown, instead I will just have to remember a simpler time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been